Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bones3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
Perth, Western Australia
This post is mostly for the people that are considering buying a MBP but are hesitant because of all the reported problems people are having with them. When I first started coming to these forums while I was considering to get a MBP I was slightly put off from all of the problems people have been having with them such as faulty 9600GT’s, slanted keys and bad displays. Well, today I got my very first Mac and what can I say? I love it!

I got the Macbook Pro 2.4GHz model and I am simply blown away by it. Everything about it is perfect. The build quality is the best I have seen in a laptop and the OS is brilliant. After using PCs for years I grew tired of all the problems I was having and the general instabilities of Windows. I am happy to say that I am very pleased with OS X and won’t be going back to Windows any time soon. From what I can tell, there is nothing wrong with this MBP. There are no slanted keys, no dead pixels and no overheating issues.

I decided to install Windows on it to try playing some games and it has absolutely no problems at all running Fallout 3 on medium. I also installed Steam and tried playing HL2, CS:S and Portal and they run very smoothly with all settings maxed out.

When I bought it from the store, the salesperson was nice enough to include a AU$50 Macbook sleeve for free. The case is an STM 15" Macbook Pro Glove. The sleeve fits it like a glove and while it is a little bit tight, I’m sure it will stretch out after some more use.

So, all in all I am very happy with this MBP and I doubt very much that I will ever buy another PC. Thanks for reading and good luck with your Macbooks.

darwinian

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
In R4, more or less
Congrats. Glad you're having a good experience. If anything does go wrong, give Apple a chance to correct it, and hopefully your experience will be as favorable as many of ours over the years. Particularly the new MBP is a phenomenal machine - enjoy!

iSpoody 1243

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2008
Australia
i had the same issue, but so far my early 08 mbp is perfect and is showing no sign of any gfx card issues (taps wood).
best take all things you see on forums with a grain of salt, it is a very vocal minority.

miki66

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
IL
CONGRATS AND WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF APPLE

i doubt that if anyone would ever switch back to pc after using mac, it's like"giving up thousand of hundreds of tv's i could watch on demand, i'd rather remarry"

just kidding:) enjoy ur mac life!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.