PDA

View Full Version : Man Sprays 'Toilet-Papering' Teens With Fox Pee

themoonisdown09
Dec 23, 2008, 01:06 PM
WILLMAR, Minn. - A 50-year-old man who told authorities he was fed up with teens toilet-papering his house decided to defend his property — with a squirt gun filled with fox urine.

Now, Scott Wagar is in trouble with the law.

Wagar pleaded not guilty on Wednesday in Kandiyohi County District Court to misdemeanor assault and other charges. He was released on personal recognizance.

According to police, Wagar was on his property Sept. 16 when he used night vision goggles to see 15-20 people running toward his place. He told police that he told them to leave, swore at them and sprayed them with the fox urine. He also allegedly struggled with one of the teens.

A phone message left at a home listing for a Scott Wagar was not immediately returned to The Associated Press.

Article link (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28191199/)

Drumjim85
Dec 23, 2008, 01:10 PM
good for him ... its nothing that will harm the kids...

jmann
Dec 23, 2008, 01:11 PM
ewww... :eek:

iBecks
Dec 23, 2008, 01:13 PM
At least it was only Fox Pee, could have been so much worse.

rogersmj
Dec 23, 2008, 01:17 PM
Good for him...but why in the HELL was he arrested and charged for shooting kids with a squirt gun on his own property!?

Schtumple
Dec 23, 2008, 01:17 PM
I don't see why the guy is in trouble, the kids deserved it, you can't continuously harass someone and expect them not to do anything...

ErikCLDR
Dec 23, 2008, 01:33 PM
How/where does one acquire fox urine?

themoonisdown09
Dec 23, 2008, 01:36 PM

Wal-Mart or any sporting goods store. You could also get it the old-fashioned way... but that takes a lot more effort. :D

Drumjim85
Dec 23, 2008, 01:37 PM

It's a common item usually used to keep away small animals in your attic and stuff...

Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Shake-Away-Repellent-Granules-8004520/dp/B000BO4XZI)

TSE
Dec 23, 2008, 01:49 PM
Also, you can buy deer urine in sporting good stores because deer urine if sprayed attracts other deer and sometimes bears.

Good for him. Just this summer I had a horrible fever so I was chilling out in my living room watching baseball and these kids that are about my age (15-18) were running around my house with toilet paper. Needless to say I just told my pops and he runs outside yelling at them and chased them down the block. They never came back.

joepunk
Dec 23, 2008, 06:21 PM
He could've used some Burger King FLAME™ body spray/perfume.

Sun Baked
Dec 23, 2008, 06:53 PM
Don't see how it is much different than the body sprays they had on anyhow. :eek:

mgguy
Dec 23, 2008, 08:23 PM
Perhaps dog poop would have been more appropriate (with all the toilet paper and all).:D

OttawaGuy
Dec 23, 2008, 08:29 PM
Seems fair.

Cave Man
Dec 23, 2008, 08:50 PM
That was nice of those Fox News guys to donate their pee for this.

iMacmatician
Dec 23, 2008, 09:04 PM
Don't see how it is much different than the body sprays they had on anyhow. :eek:That was nice of those Fox News guys to donate their pee for this.LOL, you just made my day. :D

cantthinkofone
Dec 23, 2008, 10:24 PM
should have used beaver Castoreum. never get that smell out.

but good for him. a lot better than him shooting at 20 people with a shot gun.

Abstract
Dec 23, 2008, 11:09 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/10.0.010; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Yeah, good for him. I'm just glad that when chose to do something about it, it wasn't dangerous for the kids.

XnavxeMiyyep
Dec 23, 2008, 11:13 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/10.0.010; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Yeah, good for him. I'm just glad that when chose to do something about it, it wasn't dangerous for the kids.

Meh, who cares? They repeatedly vandalized his home. They were LUCKY it wasn't dangerous for them.

Mr. Giver '94
Dec 24, 2008, 02:18 AM

Agreed.... I was thinkin battery acid :D:D

nick9191
Dec 24, 2008, 04:16 AM
So, you can put a bullet through their head if they come on your property, but you can't spray them with fox pee.

.Andy
Dec 24, 2008, 04:17 AM
So, you can put a bullet through their head if they come on your property, but you can't spray them with fox pee.
Why on earth should you be able to assault anyone if you're not in any danger?

pilotError
Dec 24, 2008, 07:29 AM

Why shouldn't you be able to defend your property.

I'm sure at 50, he doesn't want to be pulling TP off his house.

I'd love to hear the teens parents defending their kids on this one.

If I was one of their parents, I'd be over there having my kid clean the place and apologize to him. Fun is fun, but they got caught. That's the chance you take.

I think the night vision goggles is a nice touch though! LOL

.Andy
Dec 24, 2008, 07:33 AM
What on earth does this have to do with assaulting anyone? If the kids were physically threatening him or physically harming him then I've no problem with him fighting back within reason. If someone is tresspassing/making a nuisance just call the cops. Running around and spraying urine/brandishing a weapon is only going to escalate things. This guy is now know as a worldwide urine sprayer - he'll be a target more than ever....

I'm not sure anyone at any age wants to pull toilet paper off their house.

Why on earth would parents defend their kids on this :confused:? Their kids were being asses.

If I was one of their parents, I'd be over there having my kid clean the place and apologize to him. Fun is fun, but they got caught. That's the chance you take.
Which is a completely reasonable. I think the vast majority of parents would feel the same way.

cantthinkofone
Dec 24, 2008, 08:48 AM
What on earth does this have to do with assaulting anyone? If the kids were physically threatening him or physically harming him then I've no problem with him fighting back within reason. If someone is tresspassing/making a nuisance just call the cops. Running around and spraying urine/brandishing a weapon is only going to escalate things. This guy is now know as a worldwide urine sprayer - he'll be a target more than ever....

I'm not sure anyone at any age wants to pull toilet paper off their house.

Why on earth would parents defend their kids on this :confused:? Their kids were being asses.

Which is a completely reasonable. I think the vast majority of parents would feel the same way.

Is there a point to your post? Seems to be a pointing fingers, "nuh uhh!" post :p

OutThere
Dec 24, 2008, 09:52 AM
Correct if I'm wrong but I believe in texas he could have shot them dead and claimed to have been threatened on his own property, therefore absolving him of criminal accountability...:rolleyes:

Personally if it got them off the property I see nothing wrong with a little fox pee...I mean, sitting around and calling the cops while they TP your house is only going to get you an apologetic cop a couple of hours later and a house covered in TP.

d_and_n5000
Dec 24, 2008, 09:59 AM
Eww. Nasty.

That is why you pick people that (A) you know; (B) you know won't really mind; and finally (C) people who won't call the police.

For example, I'm in the show choir and theatre programs at my high school, and it's practically tradition to TP people. But you pick people involved in the programs who know that it happens. That way, if you get caught, the worst that happens is you clean it up, which is 100% reasonable.

These kids did it to themselves by picking someone random, hitting him repeatedly, and that they presumably knew didn't appreciate it.

And why did they have so many kids doing it? Good lord, i can think of one time where it's even a remote possibility to have ten, and that's going to be a time when we go to a person's house while they're on vacation, and they live in the middle of nowhere where it's practically guaranteed we won't get caught.

Stupid kids.

Sun Baked
Dec 24, 2008, 10:10 AM
These days he would have been arrested for turning the garden hose on them.

Sort of silly these days to make the arrests for assault when there is no intent to injure, just make it too wet, soapy, slimy, etc. to stay on your property.

Mr. Durden
Dec 24, 2008, 10:42 AM
Im not saying he should have done it, but seriously, it isnt too far fetched to think they could have been shot. 20 people sneaking around on someones property and apparently not leaving when you are yelled at to leave can easily be interpreted as being in danger and needing to defend yourself.

Again, not saying he should have shot them or anything. Just saying that this is a situation where very easily there could have been a couple dead kids...

I think they should consider themselves lucky to have only gotten a lil pee on themselves. And now that they have been caught, Im thinking they need some sort of community service or additional punishment, seeing as how they are repeat offenders. Just my .02.

iSee
Dec 24, 2008, 10:44 AM
I think there's a line where you can go too far in defending your property from mischief.

I don't know exactly where that line is, but this is definitely on the safe side of it.

I think the police and prosecutors in that county need to be more concerned with the gangs of vandalizing teens roaming around rather than the people that are defending themselves from them.

I predict charges will be dropped, or if the prosecutor is stupid, an acquittal.

monkeydo_jb
Dec 24, 2008, 02:36 PM
So the kids were pissed?

bobfitz14
Dec 24, 2008, 02:44 PM
how come the kids weren't charged with like trespassing or something? one of them had to have told the cops/their parents to have this guy arrested.

dukebound85
Dec 24, 2008, 02:50 PM

I think the night vision goggles is a nice touch though! LOL

i know in colorado, you can shoot people if they trespass and dont listen/have criminal intent/etc.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/government/article/0,2777,DRMN_23906_5352928,00.html
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE4DB1739F932A35755C0A966958260

Counterfit
Dec 24, 2008, 05:17 PM
Only in Texas! And Colorado it seems
So the kids were pissed?

I just hope they didn't swallow. :eek:

iJohnHenry
Dec 24, 2008, 05:20 PM
What ever happened to the tradition of rock salt in a 12-gauge shotgun?? :confused:

mynameisraj
Dec 24, 2008, 08:07 PM
ha, a pissed off guy caused teens to get pissed on.

couldn't stop laughing when I read this - funny :D

I would have sprayed them with somethin too, nothing wrong with that as long as you have reason…

dmw007
Dec 24, 2008, 10:02 PM
Good for him...but why in the HELL was he arrested and charged for shooting kids with a squirt gun on his own property!?

My thoughts too! The guy was defending his property from the hooligans and it is not like he hurt them by spraying them with fox urine. The bottom line is that they were on his property without permission and with the intent to cause mischief. :confused:

So, is it better to be pissed off or pissed on? :D ;)

mgguy
Dec 25, 2008, 09:15 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if he has to pay their dry cleaning bills or for new clothes. He will also probably have to pay for any counseling they may need to get over the psychological trauma of having been being pissed on. Any adult that does anything like this to kids that aren't theirs are unfortunately going to get slammed by the kids' parents and the courts.

OutThere
Dec 25, 2008, 10:34 PM
Imagine you live in a house surrounding by farmland and for one week every year your home is the target for 50 teenagers looking to trash it. Scott Wagar spends a week, every September, on high alert. He knows come nightfall on one night that week kids from the high school near his home in Willmar will come at his property armed with eggs, toilet paper and screwdrivers and try deface it. "There are usually 30-70 kids at one time, it's a little intimidating with 30 people coming at you," Wagar said today. Every year, for the last 8 years, Wagar's house has been the target. He's called the sheriff's department and they have been able to chase the kids off a few times but this past September Wagar met the kids at his property line head on armed with a water-gun full of a little more than water. "I had one third fox urine, two thirds water in a super soaker just so they would stink bad and I just started spraying out there." The kids, Wagar said, threw eggs back at him. Wagar said the kids were about 10 feet from being on Wagar's property when Wagar says they jumped him. "One kid got behind me and put his arm around my neck choking me," Wagar said. Wagar broke free and nearly broke the kid's finger. The kids ran and dropped a cell phone along the way. The next day Wagar demanded money for damages from the cell phone's owner and when he didn't get it he said her turned the phone in to the police. On Wednesday Wagar was charged with assault, theft and disorderly conduct. No one else, was so much as ticketed. "I thought we had law and order but it does make me question it." In eight years, no teenager, even when authorities have chased them away has been ticketed for trespassing. Kandiyohi County Sheriff Dan Hartog told me today he can't ticket anyone for trespass without seeing it happen, watching the homeowner order them away, and the person then refusing. Kandiyohi County prosecutor Boyd Beccue said he does not discuss ongoing files, to do so would be improper so he could not comment to KARE 11 on Wagar's charges. The case goes back to court on January 20th. Scott Wagar faces a 90-day jail sentence and 1,000 fine for each of the three crimes he is charged with. He has entered a plea of not guilty and will be representing himself in court.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=531820&catid=2

I'd be pissed if I was this guy.

FireArse
Dec 26, 2008, 03:49 AM
Wal-Mart or any sporting goods store. You could also get it the old-fashioned way... but that takes a lot more effort. :D

This raises the question - do Wall-Mart farm foxes to bottle Fox Urine?!

Aeolius
Dec 26, 2008, 09:17 AM
I side with the property owner. If I knew that many vandals were coming to my land with the intent of property damage, I'd put barbed-wire at ankle height, load my paintball gun, turn on the hotwire, and charge my spotlights. Trespassers are no different that burglars. The minute one jumps me from behind and tries to choke me, I could kill them without remorse, in the act of self defense. All of those teens should serve jail time. Better yet, community service at a facility that harvests fox urine. ;)

iJohnHenry
Dec 26, 2008, 09:38 AM
How do you "milk" fox urine??

V-e-r-y carefully. :p

Sun Baked
Dec 26, 2008, 09:43 AM
How do you "milk" fox urine??

V-e-r-y carefully. :p

I would have thought those Fox casters like Bill O'Reilly would stand in line for a "milking"

iJohnHenry
Dec 26, 2008, 09:59 AM
Actually, they harvest something else from those Fox's, but you can't use it on your garden unless the donor is a veggan.

Aeolius
Dec 26, 2008, 10:04 AM
Any adult that does anything like this to kids that aren't theirs are unfortunately going to get slammed by the kids' parents and the courts.

Apparently those "kids" knowingly violated several laws in an act of premeditated vandalism and assault. Letting this go unpunished sets a horrible precedent for teenagers; that trespassing and property damage are no big deal. I say they should face charges as adults.

brad.c
Dec 27, 2008, 09:17 AM

I look at your profile pic, and consider your knowledge in the matter, and wonder if this story is about anybody we know.... :D

This guy is now known as a worldwide urine sprayer

That would take a whole lotta fox pee.

Sun Baked
Dec 27, 2008, 06:34 PM
That would take a whole lotta fox pee.

Or just a good squeeze on an incontinent fox.

teflon
Dec 28, 2008, 07:37 AM
It's pretty ridiculous that the kids have never been ticketed with anything. Hell, they threw eggs at him and one tried to choke him. He could have shot them in self defense as they clearly had intent to harm.
If I were him I'd take a shotgun outside and shoot at the sky to scare the s*** out of those stupid kids.

jodelli
Dec 30, 2008, 06:06 PM

He was in danger.
30 teenagers rushing him, one applied a chokehold to him, others threw eggs at him. BTW, both of the latter are considered assault.
I don't know how your laws work but I had six teens swarm the front of my store a few years back in pursuit of another one who had sought shelter.

Yes the cops were called, and no, they weren't anywhere near to responding quickly enough to prevent physical harm to either the one kid or myself. I turned on them myself after being threatened and threatened them in turn.
The one I turned on ran back out the front door before I could grab him.

I didn't escalate or make things worse, they did. Not one of them would have been in any danger had they not voluntarily placed themselves there.

By the way, a detective came by after and said I had been completely within my rights to fight back in this case.

angelneo
Dec 31, 2008, 01:53 AM
Maybe I am watching too much House, but isn't some animal waste toxic to humans? especially if they are allow to infiltrate our body via mouth/eyes etc.

bassproguy07
Jan 1, 2009, 04:28 AM
What ever happened to the tradition of rock salt in a 12-gauge shotgun?? :confused:

still deadly, but thats why i Love living in Texas, I can shoot anyone that is a threat to both my family and property. If someone is breaking in to my car even I can kill them with no questions asked (ok maybe a few lol.) We havent had too many issues in my town, police force is strong, and strict. At least the guy in this article didnt use artificial skunk scent, or buteric acid (think thats what its called)

brad.c
Jan 2, 2009, 05:18 PM
still deadly, but thats why i Love living in Texas, I can shoot anyone that is a threat to both my family and property.

Should you be bassproguy007 then?

yorkshire
Jan 3, 2009, 04:00 AM
What a legend!

branjosef
Jan 11, 2009, 02:18 AM
This whole situation is why we are falling apart as a society. Damn kids deserve it

.Andy
Jan 11, 2009, 07:26 PM
This whole situation is why we are falling apart as a society.
The most cohesive societies in history have always been those that have allowed unrestricted assaulting of kids with fox urine.

Mr. lax
Jan 12, 2009, 12:09 AM
My house has been targeted with eggings recently, if i or my father catches them, they're going to get the beating of a lifetime. When it's -45 outside you don't do that.

sushi
Jan 12, 2009, 12:17 AM
I would side with the owner and like his solution.

.Andy
Jan 12, 2009, 12:29 AM
My house has been targeted with eggings recently, if i or my father catches them, they're going to get the beating of a lifetime.
An assault/manslaughter charge seems like a completely intelligent and reasonable way to deal with someone throwing eggs at your house.

branjosef
Jan 12, 2009, 01:14 AM
The most cohesive societies in history have always been those that have allowed unrestricted assaulting of kids with fox urine.

HA! Granted it could of been handled in a better way. I can only imagine the frustration of the poor guy but I dont know the whole story.

themoonisdown09
Jan 12, 2009, 07:07 AM
An assault/manslaughter charge seems like a completely intelligent and reasonable way to deal with someone throwing eggs at your house.

Of course it's reasonable. Either that or you could just sit back and watch your house fall apart. The police won't do anything. It's not like they're going to have cops sit at your house until some kids show up.

.Andy
Jan 12, 2009, 07:13 AM
Of course it's reasonable.
Physically injuring someone for damaging your material possessions is in no way reasonable. It's sociopathic.

Either that or you could just sit back and watch your house fall apart.
If your house falls apart after being hit by eggs you've got some serious structural integrity problems.

The police won't do anything.
They will if you assault someone. You attain yourself a criminal record and possibly a gaol term. Sound like a win-win situation to you?

themoonisdown09
Jan 12, 2009, 07:14 AM
Physically injuring someone for damaging you material possessions is in no way reasonable. It's sociopathic.

If your house falls apart after being hit by eggs you've got some serious structural integrity problems.

They will if you assault someone. You attain yourself a criminal record and possibly a gaol term. Sound like a win-win situation to you?

To each his own.

.Andy
Jan 12, 2009, 08:09 AM
To each his own.
Probably not really the best motto when it comes to physical assault ;)!

whooleytoo
Jan 12, 2009, 09:51 AM
To each his own.

Are we back talking about pee again?

Aeolius
Jan 12, 2009, 02:05 PM
Physically injuring someone for damaging your material possessions is in no way reasonable. It's sociopathic.

If someone breaks into my house, I would take the safest option and kill them. I would not wait for them to make the first move. Why chance it?

Mr. lax
Jan 12, 2009, 07:54 PM

But it may start with eggs, but what is their next escalation? Rocks? Spray-painting the house? We called the cops, they said there was nothing they could do.

XnavxeMiyyep
Jan 12, 2009, 08:09 PM
If he gets hit by an egg, he could get injured. They jumped behind him and choked him, which could cause him to die.

They were lucky he didn't defend himself with more lethal force, as opposed to just spraying them with a foul odor.

themoonisdown09
Jan 13, 2009, 07:13 AM
They were lucky he didn't defend himself with more lethal force, as opposed to just spraying them with a foul odor.

I agree. If someone's messing with my house or the things on my property, I'm going to take action. Now, I'm not going to shoot them, but I'm going to at least make sure they stop and don't come back again.

If someone breaks into my house, I would take the safest option and kill them. I would not wait for them to make the first move. Why chance it?

That's reading a little too far into the subject. The kids weren't breaking into anyone's house.

Aeolius
Jan 13, 2009, 08:31 AM
That's reading a little too far into the subject. The kids weren't breaking into anyone's house.

It was a logical progression from "damaging your material possessions".

themoonisdown09
Jan 13, 2009, 09:41 AM
It was a logical progression from "damaging your material possessions".

Outside the house, not inside the house. I don't know too many high school (middle school, whatever) pranks that involve breaking and entering.