Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bladehavoc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
$1099 - 2.0ghz
$1399 - 2.4ghz

Did anyone see this before? Or is this old news...sorry if it is, but I was pleasantly surprised to find them on the refurb store today.

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
I think those are pretty good deals, they are like new and 200 dollars off. Macconnection is selling them for more but Macmall is selling them for the same which is good. Personally I'm gonna wait for the MBP to go refurb.

ChrisN

youssefm

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
im not surprised because i read all those threads of people returning like 1000 macbooks in 3 days lol

iBLAKEE

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Wow. That makes me mad. And to know I have a 2.4 Blackbook from the refurb store sitting in the house waiting for christmas morning. Should I try and get my parents to exchange it? Can I get some thoughts and opinions please?

bobjob186

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2005
Laguna Beach
Wow. That makes me mad. And to know I have a 2.4 Blackbook from the refurb store sitting in the house waiting for christmas morning. Should I try and get my parents to exchange it? Can I get some thoughts and opinions please?

I'd try to get it returned for sure, I got a brand new 2.4ghz aluminum for $1250 yesterday, the blackbook isn't worth more than $1100 on the market anymore because the new macbooks are a lot more computer.

iBLAKEE

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
I hate to ask them return it, because I had the hardest time in the world getting them to order them the first one. Even thou, I am paying 750$ of it.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I hate to ask them return it, because I had the hardest time in the world getting them to order them the first one. Even thou, I am paying 750$ of it.
Personally I would keep it. The black macbook is a proven performer, but the new model apparently is having some major issues, and is probably why you are already seeing refurbs. Plus if you need (or think you may need) firewire at all the new aluminum model is not even a choice.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
Personally I would keep it. The black macbook is a proven performer, but the new model apparently is having some major issues, and is probably why you are already seeing refurbs. Plus if you need (or think you may need) firewire at all the new aluminum model is not even a choice.

Major issues? What the hell are you talking about... :confused:

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
^ the person who posted has "major issues". He is jealous of the new MacBooks. He is in denial that his top spec BlackBook is "outdated" of sorts. That is why he brings the FireWire issue.

On the other hand, YAY! I'm waiting for SL to be released, and then I'll ditch this Intel MF (you know, mother ...) and buy the Rev. 2 (hopefully) MacBook Pro. But glad to see the refurbs are out. I have a couple friends who are still hanging onto their WinSucks computers and want the new ones.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
^ the person who posted has "major issues". He is jealous of the new MacBooks. He is in denial that his top spec BlackBook is "outdated" of sorts. That is why he brings the FireWire issue.

On the other hand, YAY! I'm waiting for SL to be released, and then I'll ditch this Intel MF (you know, mother ...) and buy the Rev. 2 (hopefully) MacBook Pro. But glad to see the refurbs are out. I have a couple friends who are still hanging onto their WinSucks computers and want the new ones.
You have got to be kidding me. No, I'm not jealous. You can have your brick. You sound like you're about 12 anyway (if that).

tubbymac

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2008
The only scary thing about refurbs this early is that most of those machines were probably returns due to dead pixels, slanted keys, loose battery covers, vibrating hard drives, and all those other early adopter problems. I can see some of those getting fixed before selling as a refurb but I wonder if other stuff is just considered "within spec." Like what would happen if the machine returned had a few dead pixels? Would that be in spec and just resold? Or a slanted key, would that be in spec, etc.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
You have got to be kidding me. No, I'm not jealous. You can have your brick. You sound like you're about 12 anyway (if that).

Why so bitter?!? :D

The only scary thing about refurbs this early is that most of those machines were probably returns due to dead pixels, slanted keys, loose battery covers, vibrating hard drives, and all those other early adopter problems. I can see some of those getting fixed before selling as a refurb but I wonder if other stuff is just considered "within spec." Like what would happen if the machine returned had a few dead pixels? Would that be in spec and just resold? Or a slanted key, would that be in spec, etc.

I don't think they would sell them without fixing a known issue (known as in they recorded the reason it was returned)... would they??

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto

Some? No, all would be fixed because Apple doesn't want customers to return these as well.

My brand new MacBook is perfect, I had it exchanged for my other one which I bought on launch due to some problems. So my December 2008 is def. better than my October 2008 one.

hogfaninga

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2008
Chestnut Tree Cafe

Ignore him. He likes to attack everyone's opinion on here and it is getting old.

You made a mistake. If you say one negative thing about the new Macbook, the aluminum posse comes after you and attacks you.

Oh yeah before anyone says I'm jealous I'm getting a new alu 2.5 Pro in Jan when my loan comes in. I just get a big kick out of some of you who own the new one and feel the need to bash anyone who even is slightly critical of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.