Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrrdnx

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2008
Indiana
Shortly before I switched to Mac, I was referred to EAC by a friend and currently use it through VMware Fusion or Bootcamp. I'm trying to get completely away from Windows, so I was hoping someone could turn me on to an alternative/equivalent program for Mac OS.

I know this has been asked before, but the threads on here are no more recent than 2005. I figured the chances are good that something has come out in the last 3 years. Thanks in advance for your suggestions...

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
So far XLD hasn't been EAC for me. It is nice in what it does. Don't get me wrong. I am just finding some limitations. Tagging is something to desired with it.

Also what format are you trying to rip to?

jrrdnx

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2008
Indiana
So far XLD hasn't been EAC for me. It is nice in what it does. Don't get me wrong. I am just finding some limitations. Tagging is something to desired with it.

Also what format are you trying to rip to?

I've actually found it much nicer that XLD includes the album art as well. Other than that, I've found their tagging features to be similar. Anything that I can't use XLD to tag, I never used EAC to do anyway.

I'm not an archiver, so I'm only ripping to 256 bitrate MP3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.