Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icydog

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
NJ
This is my first post here on the Mac Rumors Forums, although I always seek advice when I need it. Thanks for having me.

Over the weekend Amazon had a Gold Box Special for the Vado Pocket Video Camera. With my Amazon Prime discount I got the camera for $49. I bought two, one for us, and one for my daughter to take quick videos of our grandson. She has PCs but we only have Macs (I have the 24" iMac). I wonder if anyone knows how to transfer video using this little camera. I would mostly be using it for You Tube for videos of my grandkids. Please don't tell me to return it to buy another camera. I really want to use this one.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
What format is the video? What shows up on the desktop when you plug it in? what software did it come with?

DPA

macrumors 65816
MPEG Streamclip

defiantly a job for MPEG Streamclip. Free download here. Streamclip will convert, export, encode, and even edit your video! Your camera should pop up as a device on the desktop when connected through USB, or FireWire. Double-click and find the file you want, drag it on to Stramclip and you're off!:D

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
But if you have the right plug-ins (probably just Perian is necessary) you should be able to watch, edit etc in Quicktime and iMovie just fine without conversion.

My computer is loaded with .avis that play just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.