PDA

View Full Version : Questions for People In Film/Cinematography or 3D Design and Animation.

Frozone
Feb 26, 2004, 05:28 PM
I have this 9 weeks project in Economics and we have to pick careers that interest us. I picked Cinematography/Film and 3D Design & Animation. Well, there isn't really anyone in the area that I live that does either of these. So i'm going online to do this section of the project. I have to interview people about these jobs. It needs to fill up about two pages so please don't spare anything. Here's the questions.

-Why did you want a job in this field?
-Where di you go to receive the education that was necessary for the job?
-How long have you been working in this field?
-Do you get many days off during the year?
-Do you receive many benefits, such as health insurance?
-What is the workday like?
-What do yu like the most about your job?
-What advice would you have for someone who might want to enter this career field?
-Is there any other information that a person interested in this field should know?

If you answer this I will need your e-mail so that if my teacher wants she can e-mail you and ask if I acutally interviewed you. If you don't want to post it on a forum then you can just e-mail me the answers at american_iceman@hotmail.com -- Please don't spam.

Frozone
Feb 26, 2004, 08:51 PM
Anyone at all?

Thomas Veil
Feb 26, 2004, 09:27 PM
I'm in the video field (videographer/editor). Would that do?

Frozone
Feb 27, 2004, 06:00 AM
Yes

2jaded2care
Feb 27, 2004, 12:09 PM
Icer, this forum is too hit-or-miss to get many responses. You might try the forums for the professional associations.

Also, try doing a search with any state's name, plus "film", "videotape", "office", or "sourcebook". You'll probably be able to find a sourcebook website which lists cinematographers, maybe even animators or animation studios, plus lots of email addresses. Hopefully you can email them directly, and they won't think you're a spammer and delete your email. And hopefully they'll be nice and respond.

And here too, please no spammers.