PDA

View Full Version : Are Applesacs good

Camoischaos
Dec 24, 2008, 05:35 PM
Has anyone ever used or own one currently at the moment if so how are they? Im looking to buying one they look neat but i figured ill ask the good people at Macrumors first.

If you havent seen them here is a link http://www.applesac.com/

bozz2006
Dec 24, 2008, 05:41 PM
you decide (http://http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=594325&highlight=applesac)

MattyK
Dec 24, 2008, 05:43 PM
Can't personally say I have, maybe it's the fact that my macbook doesn't have a screen :P
But yeah they look really classy.
I like it, I would buy it if I were you. :)
have a happy christmas.

Camoischaos
Dec 24, 2008, 05:49 PM
To the second posted yeah i thought the same they look really nice to me so atm im debating it. Just wondering if they tore easy or anything in that matter.

To the first poster you just get a big ole -_-

Merry Christmas.

MattyK
Dec 24, 2008, 06:00 PM
anything you buy will tear if you get a knife and hack at it, it's logic.
I'm sure its designed to have thick fibers that will cushion a landing of say 1 meter, it looks worth the cash, I say go for it.

The Samurai
Dec 24, 2008, 06:02 PM
Applesac are amazing - i've just ordered their new collection for my iPod Touch 2G.

See my videos (in sig) for reviews of their collection. My favourite is the ColcaSac which I personally use.

marshtric
Dec 24, 2008, 09:12 PM
Hey guys/girls, I've just received my AppleSac. It has made my MacBook even cooler! It fits super good.

goldfronts
Dec 25, 2008, 12:32 AM
i think i might buy one. anyone know how they fit with the aluminum macbooks? are they snug?

The Samurai
Dec 25, 2008, 06:22 AM
i think i might buy one. anyone know how they fit with the aluminum macbooks? are they snug?

They are very good fits. It fits perfectly. Tight, I may add.

mbleopard
Dec 25, 2008, 10:09 AM
They are nice, I have the aluminum MB and just got the original applesac, it fits like a glove.

If you get one, the first thing you should do is turn it inside out and use packing tape or something like that to take all the excess lint and such off the wool.

Camoischaos
Dec 25, 2008, 10:17 AM
Alright will do i get my paycheck tomorrow so ill order one with next day shipping :) and a lint roller would get all the lint out right?

iBLAKEE
Dec 25, 2008, 10:35 AM
I love my applesac to death. I would recommend them to anyone, the also have great customer support. I hate all of the Neoprene sleeves, and I wanted something different so I bought an apple sac.

Camoischaos
Dec 25, 2008, 11:02 AM
Yeah i currently have a neoprene sleeve and i couldnt find a 13 inch one so i bought a 15 inch one and made a housing for it so it fits all the way. But im sick of that and im going to order a Applesac right now.

Vulcan
Dec 25, 2008, 11:12 AM
I have both an AppleSac and an incase sleeve, the incase seems like it would provide more protection so I do use it more.

cellocello
Dec 25, 2008, 11:55 AM
I have both an AppleSac and an incase sleeve, the incase seems like it would provide more protection so I do use it more.

Really.

I went to my Apple Store looking for an Applesac, but they only had neoprene "boring" stuff. So I ended up buying a burgundy 13" inCase neoprene sleeve with an OK white "wool-like" lining.

I was thinking about returning it and ordering an Applesac online ... should I not do that?

Camoischaos
Dec 25, 2008, 12:04 PM
Really.

I went to my Apple Store looking for an Applesac, but they only had neoprene "boring" stuff. So I ended up buying a burgundy 13" inCase neoprene sleeve with an OK white "wool-like" lining.

I was thinking about returning it and ordering an Applesac online ... should I not do that?

Its up to you. When you think about it they do the same thing pretty much its just which one looks better to you? My neoprene sleeve is just black so its boring and bleh id rather get the Applesac.

cellocello
Dec 25, 2008, 12:07 PM
Its up to you. When you think about it they do the same thing pretty much its just which one looks better to you? My neoprene sleeve is just black so its boring and bleh id rather get the Applesac.

Yeah ... I was just asking that dude cause he has both, and if the inCase really does provide more protection I may not go out of my way to get an Applesac.

Though, they do look awesome .......

Vulcan
Dec 25, 2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah ... I was just asking that dude cause he has both, and if the inCase really does provide more protection I may not go out of my way to get an Applesac.

Though, they do look awesome .......

Hmm... when traveling I always use my incase. It is black making it harder to notice and seems like it would provide better protection if the machine fell, but the difference would probably be minor. The AppleSac does looks much better though, so if you aren't going too far (the AppleSac is not checkpoint friendly, you need to remove it before your machine is x-rayed) and are pretty careful, it would work for you.

cellocello
Dec 25, 2008, 12:59 PM
Hmm... when traveling I always use my incase. It is black making it harder to notice and seems like it would provide better protection if the machine fell, but the difference would probably be minor. The AppleSac does looks much better though, so if you aren't going too far (the AppleSac is not checkpoint friendly, you need to remove it before your machine is x-rayed) and are pretty careful, it would work for you.

From just an everyday "spills, stretching (the material), backpacks, opening and closing, holding, carrying, etc." perspective -- who would you buy, now that you've tried both?

goldfronts
Dec 25, 2008, 05:04 PM
From just an everyday "spills, stretching (the material), backpacks, opening and closing, holding, carrying, etc." perspective -- who would you buy, now that you've tried both?

i'm wondering the same thing. i'm having a hard time deciding if i should get an incase sleeve or an applesac

staccato83
Dec 25, 2008, 06:43 PM
i'm wondering the same thing. i'm having a hard time deciding if i should get an incase sleeve or an applesac

Get the Incase sleeve. The outside is nice and padded and the inside is super soft.

I'm not sure why people would want to put their brand new macbook in a case that is made to carry potatoes. :rolleyes:

Camoischaos
Dec 25, 2008, 08:10 PM
But mine isnt brand new so is it diffrent?!?!?! ;)

zotes24
Dec 25, 2008, 09:42 PM
If someone wants to buy mine i have only used it like 3 times. I have the black one for the aluminum macbook

$25 + shipping, just let me know

cellocello
Dec 25, 2008, 09:46 PM
If someone wants to buy mine i have only used it like 3 times. I have the black one for the aluminum macbook

$25 + shipping, just let me know

Incase or Applesac?

ConnorScott
Dec 25, 2008, 09:50 PM
Yes I love my applesac. I received it as a free review unit. It fits very snugly and definitely is a nice looking case.:apple:

zotes24
Dec 25, 2008, 10:07 PM
Incase or Applesac?

Apple sac

forsale $25 + shipping

The Samurai
Dec 26, 2008, 07:48 AM
Applesac :D

goldfronts
Dec 26, 2008, 11:17 PM
girlfriend made my decision for me and bought me an incase sleeve :)