PDA

View Full Version : A few questions with Student Discount

domcole
Dec 24, 2008, 06:44 PM
First of all, Merry Christmas to everybody!

1/ Okay, I was just wondering is there any difference in pricing (or anything else for that matter) between Further Education Discount and Higher Education Discount? (College and university.)

2/ I would obviously like to get the most out of the discount as I can; is it true you get more discount if you order on campus?

You have to log in now for some reason on campus to see the Education prices.

Any help would be appreciated.
Domcole.

Revelation78
Dec 24, 2008, 07:15 PM
If you really want to save money, get into the Student ADC program. If all you're looking for is a Macbook, stick with the regular student discount. At this time you can get a 15" MBP for $1599 with the Student ADC. It costs $99 to become a student developer, though the savings are worth it if you go for the MBP.

You may also want to look at the refurbed line, the Al Macbook is going for $1399 at this time for the 2.4GHz. Schools will sometimes offer a slightly lower price than what is offered at Apple's site, YMMV.

daveishere
Dec 24, 2008, 07:40 PM
Yea, i'm a uni student in the UK and if i log onto the apple shop that can only be accessed on a uni-networked computer, there is a noticeable reduction in price.

I remember buying my MacBook in late-2006 and i printed off the uni price list and they gave me the same price instore :D

daveishere
Dec 24, 2008, 07:47 PM
!

youssefm
Dec 24, 2008, 08:05 PM
i got 100 dollars off my 2.0ghz macbook by using the discount in store, on the general education site for apple its only 50

b099l3
Jan 20, 2009, 09:16 PM
The normal student price is 10%

Using the Univsersity computer/internet I get a 20%

Im wanting a mac pro and this is prices i get:
Normal - 1712.00
Student not on campus - 1575.50
Student on Campus using University internet - 1399.00

So I would say try to order it from your university, cos thats wat im gona do once they bring out the new mac pros.

Hope this helps

zerofiftysix
Jan 20, 2009, 09:20 PM
I also noticed that if you wait until the summer, Apple gives you a free iPod as well as a "free" printer and a good discount on a new Macbook. When I got my Macbook I was able to get a new iPod.

Last summer they were giving out new iPod Touches.

rust.puppet
Jan 21, 2009, 06:40 AM
I also noticed that if you wait until the summer, Apple gives you a free iPod as well as a "free" printer and a good discount on a new Macbook. When I got my Macbook I was able to get a new iPod.

Last summer they were giving out new iPod Touches.

wow that would of been good to know i guess i'll hold off on buying one since i dont need it untill school starts in the summer.