Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
What did you get for Christmas? I won't be opening gifts for 12 hours but I already received my gift from my girlfriend and I bought CDs off of amazon as a gift to me.

My girlfriend got me a box of Pot of Gold chocolates (they aren't like what they used to be), a Tim Hortons gift card, and a CD, and I purchased a few CDs off of Amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    738.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1673.JPG
    IMG_1673.JPG
    734.3 KB · Views: 158

errol

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2008
3120631729_1f70860dcb.jpg

This is our family's puppy, Heidi. We got her in October, but she is our family's Christmas present to ourselves!

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
What did you get for Christmas? I won't be opening gifts for 12 hours but I already received my gift from my girlfriend and I bought CDs off of amazon as a gift to me.

My girlfriend got me a box of Pot of Gold chocolates (they aren't like what they used to be), a Tim Hortons gift card, and a CD, and I purchased a few CDs off of Amazon.

Awesome Canadian Indie! We Are Wolves rock! Grant, Craig, and Pedro will be proud!

This is our family's puppy, Heidi. We got her in October, but she is our family's Christmas present to ourselves!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww....... I bet she smells like cookies.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
Awesome Canadian Indie! We Are Wolves rock! Grant, Craig, and Pedro will be proud!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww....... I bet she smells like cookies.

They most certainly would! The Grainger album is really good, I bought a copy a week ago, and my girlfriend bought me a copy as well, so that was weird. I really didn't expect her to find it, in my small *** hometown. Grainger was manning his booth as well, so I sold my original copy to a friend of mine. Definitely great music!

I had to buy the We Are Wolves disk because I saw them in Quebec in the summer and they rocked live, plus their new single "Coconut Night" is killer!

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
They most certainly would! The Grainger album is really good, I bought a copy a week ago, and my girlfriend bought me a copy as well, so that was weird. I really didn't expect her to find it, in my small *** hometown. Grainger was manning his booth as well, so I sold my original copy to a friend of mine. Definitely great music!

I had to buy the We Are Wolves disk because I saw them in Quebec in the summer and they rocked live, plus their new single "Coconut Night" is killer!

I went straight to iTunes to buy it right after I saw your post, but for some reason it doesn't come up in a search- even though We Are Wolves does. I guess I'll buy it from Amazon- too bad, I have a bunch of iTunes credit I could have used.....

EDIT: I went ahead and bought the MP3 download of Total Magique for $7.99 on Amazon. Shweet.

Joel Plaskett's new album is coming out in the new year- I'm stoked for that. A triple album, called Three. 27 songs, 9 per disc.

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
My presents where the following:

A Duchamp Wallet:

walleta.jpg

Black Long Sleeve Polo

4584104c5cc68_15461n.jpg

Ted Baker Leather(brown) Gloves and Scarf
1470466551_367adbef4d_o.jpg

image1xl.jpg

Slippers for the house
nknoblenavy_t.jpg

Ted Baker Sweater
prodImage.ms

Moleskine Notebook
moleskine-planner.jpg

20 Euros
400_F_6331048_OAygZ9gwVo9vwK0oG7mTwkjtRojzBWLQ.jpg

When things are on sale I will probably buy myself a new watch as a christmas present to myself. If it is cheap enough, I like this Hamilton.
H77616533.jpg

My xmas involves the whole family coming over so I tend to get a lot of presents. Cant complain I guess. This year I actually liked EVERYTHING I received and am very pleased with the haul.

Wowzera

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Brazil
My presents where the following:

Black Long Sleeve Polo

4584104c5cc68_15461n.jpg

My xmas involves the whole family coming over so I tend to get a lot of presents. Cant complain I guess. This year I actually liked EVERYTHING I received and am very pleased with the haul.

Wow,
I love Ralph Lauren Clothes! :D
I have one same as yours! :)

joe.cavers

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2008
I'm amazed this thread is here already lol, 6 hours into xmas day here in the UK. I had some money towards my MBP about 2 months ago, but there are presents under the tree. I'm up before my family because I've been doing nightshifts, its killing me waiting for them!

JC

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It is real simple and yet so moving ...
A phone call from a friend.
phone-call.jpg

And I'm with family. I'm allll good. :)

iTeen

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2007
Washington
Our family has always opened presents on Christmas Eve so here goes:
LG Dare
lg9700gh6.jpg

(I'm going to see if I can trade it in for the Storm)

A whole bunch of clothes =)

Armani Code for Men (plus quite a few other colognes)
armani-code-edt-for-men-50ml-.jpg

$300
money.jpg

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
It such an awesome shirt.

My mom sewed the zigzag onto a yellow polo of mine when I played Charlie Brown in an elementary school play...Good times!! :)

As to what I have received, we shall see later this morning. It's only just now midnight in SoCal. I'm guessing I got a red iPod Nano because I made that a main thing on my list. Other than that, I'm ready to be surprised and will probably enjoy whatever my family got me. They tend to be very good shoppers. :)

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! :D:cool:

phiberglass

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
I'm envious of the person that is going to post the 5D MkII :(

580 EXII shirts, mousepad, I already know what's coming and a lot I got for myself :)

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
I went straight to iTunes to buy it right after I saw your post, but for some reason it doesn't come up in a search- even though We Are Wolves does. I guess I'll buy it from Amazon- too bad, I have a bunch of iTunes credit I could have used.....

EDIT: I went ahead and bought the MP3 download of Total Magique for $7.99 on Amazon. Shweet.

Joel Plaskett's new album is coming out in the new year- I'm stoked for that. A triple album, called Three. 27 songs, 9 per disc.

yeah, it doesnt seem to be on iTunes, pretty weird. But it's definitely a great album!

I've heard Plaskett's new album is going to be awesome too, I have a good friend who's good friends with one of the guys Plaskett uses to co-write songs with (who also wrote countless songs for the Trews and Big Sugar) and he says that the upcoming album is going to be AMAZING! Big Sugar's/Grady's Gordie Johnson returns as producer of the album so it's going to be amazing!

I've heard Plaskett is not that great live though, but then again he's one of those artists whos overplayed more than most. Last christmas I finally tried to check out his Fashionable People album, after thinking he was too over rated, that album rocks! But now I don't think he's that over rated, sure Grant and Craig love him a bit too much, but he has some killer songs out there.

I just bought myself another Christmas present, Weakerthans featuring the Constantines tickets for the Burton Cummings Theatre in Winnipeg, I'm going over board! I got shivers hearing John K Sampson singing the words "I hate Winnipeg!" in Quebec City but seeing him performing at a venue named after someone he somewhat criticizes in the same song, it's going to be a bit haunting!

I'm planning to get this hoodie (er jacket) at the same show:
WEA-866830-X.jpg

puke

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2007
Sweden
I got the Logitech Dinovo Mac Edition keyboard(fits perfectly with my MBP):
920_001430.jpg

and some other things i cba to find pics for :>

Merry Christmas!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.