PDA

View Full Version : Glass trackpad ??

cogsinister
Dec 25, 2008, 10:26 PM
It says it is glass...

But to be honest it feels just like the trackpad on my old plastic MB but bigger and without the button......

VSMacOne
Dec 25, 2008, 10:28 PM
I dunno... It kinda feels different to me than any other trackpad i've used, both Mac and PC laptops.. I LOVE it, and it shows no signs of wear so far.. unlike my SPACE key.. ;)

macjram
Dec 25, 2008, 10:29 PM
It's glass, with something over it iirc.

acfusion29
Dec 25, 2008, 10:30 PM
They said that when they were making it, they wanted to get the texture perfect. So I'm assuming something else was added that is echo-friendly.

cogsinister
Dec 25, 2008, 10:32 PM
It's glass, with something over it iirc.

It does feel kind of cold to the touch like glass......i wonder what they coat it with ?

Jake381
Dec 25, 2008, 11:39 PM
It is simply textured glass. Just something to get used to I think. It is a great trackpad, but I kind of miss the clickers at the bottom :(

NT1440
Dec 25, 2008, 11:43 PM
It does feel kind of cold to the touch like glass......i wonder what they coat it with ?

Just glass, but textured. Kinda like how frosted glass doesnt feel like window glass.

isauce
Dec 26, 2008, 12:36 AM
It is glass, and I know because I saw a picture of someone who dropped their macbook and confirmed that it is. Unfortunately, it was an accident. :S

alphaod
Dec 26, 2008, 01:22 AM
Do we seriously need 6 posts to confirm it's glass ;)

Yeah it's glass :D

isauce
Dec 26, 2008, 11:47 AM
Do we seriously need 6 posts to confirm it's glass ;)

Yeah it's glass :D

Yes, yes we do. Because we are very thorough. :D

cogsinister
Dec 26, 2008, 11:50 AM
Yes, yes we do. Because we are very thorough. :D

And we just like discussing our trackpads..........

Primejimbo
Dec 26, 2008, 12:29 PM
It's glass, someone on here posted a pick of it cracked after dropping a coffee mug on it.

showkati
Dec 26, 2008, 12:45 PM
the glass trackpad is sooo much smoother than the one on the plastic macbook.

Lurchdubious
Dec 26, 2008, 12:54 PM
the glass trackpad is sooo much smoother than the one on the plastic macbook.

I agree. I thought they were the same; that my blackbook's pad was pretty freaking smooth, but after using my new glass pad for weeks, I used the wife's blackbook the other day and the trackpad felt rather awful. Definitely not as smooth.

isauce
Dec 26, 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #15 about the glass trackpad! :D

tibi08
Dec 26, 2008, 03:24 PM
It says it is glass...

But to be honest it feels just like the trackpad on my old plastic MB but bigger and without the button......

Oh dear N. Too many years of hard graft have worn down your sensitivity. My young nimble fingers can feel the silky smoothness of the glass trackpad, and I'm jealous as it's much better than my Penryn MBP trackpad!

JG271
Dec 26, 2008, 03:26 PM
It is a great trackpad, but I kind of miss the clickers at the bottom :(

Gotta love it when someone tries to use it but looks utterly confused and says "where is the button" :p

cogsinister
Dec 26, 2008, 05:50 PM
Oh dear N. Too many years of hard graft have worn down your sensitivity. My young nimble fingers can feel the silky smoothness of the glass trackpad, and I'm jealous as it's much better than my Penryn MBP trackpad!

My old fingers are somewhat knarled and rough it has to be said.......

;)