PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreaking ipod touch 2g

sOwL
Dec 26, 2008, 11:10 AM
Well, many of you will say "ipod touch 2g cannot be jailbroken". Thats what i thought too but:
I got a friend who has a friend that told him he can jailbreak his ipod touch 2g. And he did! im holding an ipod 2g on my hands, and it has all the cydia goodies in it, it has 2.2 firmware, and its NOT the 2.2 for the ipod touch 1g, everything works fine, speaker works, everything works. Now, that guy, wont tell us how he did it, and now i got myself an ipod touch 2g and im rly rly desparate to jailbreak it. If anyone knows, share the knowledge plz! Oh btw, googling gave me this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix5gEKly6fQ which IS and ipod touch 2g, but i couldnt do it on 2 windows computers, buh meh anyway the firmware used looks old and im not sure what the heck this guy did..... help plz!

kblessinggr
Dec 26, 2008, 11:17 PM
i keep getting this url submitted to my blog : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix5gEKly6fQ

Course the question is... if it were real and stable, why would the iPhone-Dev team (ie: maker of quickPwn) not announce it, yet still insist to this day that its not jailbreakble. (its been over a month of the supposed youtube videos of the jailbroken 2nd gen)

So in my opinion its not considered safe to download by comparison to the 1st gen method.

sOwL
Dec 27, 2008, 10:45 AM
well yeh something's just not right with that video. But still, i cant understand it at all, my friend has a jailbroken ipod touch 2g, with the 2.2 firmware, and NOT the 2.2 for 1g, its the "5G77a" build. How the hell did that guy manage to do that? If he did it, there is a way. He's such a bastard for not telling anyone how he did it, im sure alot of us would love to do that. I thought of cloning my friend's firmware to mine, but u can't go on SSH mode on a not jailbroken ipod can you? If i find a way, i will share it on every single forum i find

cjm3113
Dec 27, 2008, 10:48 AM
well yeh something's just not right with that video. But still, i cant understand it at all, my friend has a jailbroken ipod touch 2g, with the 2.2 firmware, and NOT the 2.2 for 1g, its the "5G77a" build. How the hell did that guy manage to do that? If he did it, there is a way. He's such a bastard for not telling anyone how he did it, im sure alot of us would love to do that. I thought of cloning my friend's firmware to mine, but u can't go on SSH mode on a not jailbroken ipod can you? If i find a way, i will share it on every single forum i find

Give yours to the friend who did it for your friend and let him do yours as well.

andybno1
Dec 27, 2008, 11:25 AM
that video does NOT show a iPod 2g getting jailbroken why would you trust a video that doesn't even show the iPod being jailbroken?

if people believe that video well more fool them

sOwL
Dec 27, 2008, 11:33 AM
Give yours to the friend who did it for your friend and let him do yours as well.

I have already asked him, hes an idiot, he just did it for my friend coz of a bet, hes not doing it again.

that video does NOT show a iPod 2g getting jailbroken why would you trust a video that doesn't even show the iPod being jailbroken?

if people believe that video well more fool them

It actually has screenshots with the 2g ipod touch jailbroken. It could partially work, but i think its just like putting the 1g version of the os to the 2g or something like that. And thats not what my friend did

andybno1
Dec 27, 2008, 11:51 AM
It actually has screenshots with the 2g ipod touch jailbroken. It could partially work, but i think its just like putting the 1g version of the os to the 2g or something like that. And thats not what my friend did

there was screenshots of quickpwn how does that prove anything? and the one screentshot of IPSW bit had it linked to an 2.1 (not 2g 2.1.1) ipsw file so please tell me where in that video you actually see the 2nd gen touch jailbroken?

and as for them screenshots in the description hell I could easily do the same if I had a 1st and 2nd gen touch they could easily be photos taken on 1st gen iPod and synced to 2nd gen touch and opened photos and boom its like lookin at 1st gen screen duuuhhh :rolleyes:

sOwL
Dec 27, 2008, 12:21 PM
...and as for them screenshots in the description hell I could easily do the same if I had a 1st and 2nd gen touch they could easily be photos taken on 1st gen iPod and synced to 2nd gen touch and opened photos and boom its like lookin at 1st gen screen duuuhhh :rolleyes:

i thought of the same exact thing - images of a jailbroken ipod 1g in full screen. But then what about all those thank you comments? I tried it coz i thought well i can always restore if something goes wrong but that quickpwn program wouldnt run on any pc exept my windows xp emulation in vmware, but well quickpwn wont work on emulators :S

Tallest Skil
Dec 27, 2008, 12:29 PM
But then what about all those thank you comments?

The great thing about humanity is... we'll lie to make it seem like we're telling the truth. It's sheep accounts that were created just to say "THXXXXX IT WERKD!!!!111" so that people believed him.

sOwL
Dec 27, 2008, 12:37 PM
lol ffs the guy that made the vd should get a life then lol

edit: but actually no, if u check most of those accounts are old and have "seen" many videos and commented on them etc

jmann
Dec 27, 2008, 12:38 PM
lol ffs the guy that made the vd should get a life then lol

seriously... what is the point of getting a bunch of random strangers excited about nothing?

kblessinggr
Dec 28, 2008, 12:13 AM
seriously... what is the point of getting a bunch of random strangers excited about nothing?

People do a lot of **** just to disappoint people for fun.

CanadianQuinn
Dec 28, 2008, 08:28 PM
i thought of the same exact thing - images of a jailbroken ipod 1g in full screen. But then what about all those thank you comments? I tried it coz i thought well i can always restore if something goes wrong but that quickpwn program wouldnt run on any pc exept my windows xp emulation in vmware, but well quickpwn wont work on emulators :S
I've posted 4 comments on that video. I refreshed the page, they were still there 20 minutes later, but the next day they were gone. So I can only assume that the comments were deleted, it's fake and that what I guessed (the same as you guessed) was true, they're just photos from the guy's photo album of a jailbroken iPod Touch.

But that's the only thing I can't find out. How did he get all those people to comment on that video and say "it worked!"? He seems to have quite a few videos, so maybe he bribed them with fake stuff ("Free iPhones! 8, 16, or 32GB just comment on that video") to comment and then deleted the real comments.