Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aprofetto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Hey everyone, just wanted to share I finally got my AppleTV for Christmas last night, my fiance bought it for me! I stayed up until 12:30am playing with it. Unfortunately, the Apple remote that came with the unit had a dead battery, so I had to swap it with my battery from the Apple remote from my iMac. Otherwise its great!

Luckily I kind of knew I was getting one, and I had been spending the past few weeks digitizing my DVD collection! Its great to finally be able to play them through the AppleTV.

Anyone else get one for the holidays?

Adam

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Well I did the next best thing — I gave one for Christmas. :) My brother (an Apple guy) never really "got" the Apple TV. So I gave him one for Christmas, and now he thinks it's the most underrated Apple product ever.

He loves it. I think the Apple TV will become my new de-facto gift to Mac-friendly family members.

Bye Bye Baby

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2004
i(am in the)cloud
Here I am

Well I did the next best thing — I gave one for Christmas. :) My brother (an Apple guy) never really "got" the Apple TV. So I gave him one for Christmas, and now he thinks it's the most underrated Apple product ever.

He loves it. I think the Apple TV will become my new de-facto gift to Mac-friendly family members.

I am your long lost cousin. I am a Mac lover. And my birthday is only two weeks away. Need I say more...

BoulderBum

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2008
I think the Apple TV will become my new de-facto gift to Mac-friendly family members.

I didn't tell you this before when I saw you on the forums, but it's time to reveal my secret: we were seperated at birth and I missed you this Christmas. :p

Seriously, though, you're very generous. My family even drew names with so we could get bigger presents for each other this year and none of us spent more than $50!

ScootPatoot

macrumors regular
May 16, 2008
Me Too!

Well I didn't get one directly but I got gift cards to the Apple Store and bought one today. Can't wait to get home from work and set it up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.