Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I am in the market for a bag. I have a D90 with the 18-105mm and also a 70-300 lens. Nothing else really just that. What do you recommend. I would like something durable, stylish but not super expensive.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
You did not mention if you're looking for a messenger style, backpack, or sling.

I use a backpack for travel, the Lowepro Fastpack 250, great backpack. I have a reporter-style for day trips and such.

I would recommend not skimping on protection for your equipment though. It also pays to know you could go through a few bags before you find that ultimate one. What is good for me is not always going to be good for you.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Are you looking to eventually expand? Would you like to carry other things such as a computer? Are you looking for something that gives you quick access to your camera? A good bag would depend on these things. I suggest hitting up your local camera shop and trying things out. Otherwise lowepro makes great bags.

I myself am looking at the lowepro stealth reporter for my D80 and 2 lenses. Right now I have a kata 467. GREAT bag for laptop and gear.

JNB

macrumors 604
Check out the Tenba's. Excellent hard-use bags, outstanding at gear protection, and each size vastly configurable as your kit changes. I'd rate them a notch above the Lowepro's and Tamrac's, who--while having some very good quality gear--spend a lot of their design effort on the big-box store camera aisle stuff.

NintendoChick

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
I LOVE Crumpler bags. There's tons of different styles. Pick your poison. (You seriously won't regret spending a little extra money for a nice bag... :))

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Really liking these two.

Backpack with laptop support..great gear compartment. Kata Dr-467.

DR-467tripod.jpg

And this low profile and small Domke. Just enough to hold a D80, 18-105mmVr and SB400 flash.

1987021146_97e2dbef9a.jpg

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
You did not mention if you're looking for a messenger style, backpack, or sling.

I use a backpack for travel, the Lowepro Fastpack 250, great backpack. I have a reporter-style for day trips and such.

I agree. Have this one as well. It has room to store a 15" notebook, that also is great to store books/maps/newspapers etc. Two things are missing: tripods support and a raincover. When backpacking I generally take a CCS pouch on a belt, with an extra lens in my backpack.

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Thanks for all the recommendations. Well I don't need room for a laptop, a I kinda like the sling style ones. All I will be carrying around is the d90 with the 18-105mm and the 70-300mm. And maybe a bit more room for some little things here and there memory cards and stuff. So the more compact the better basically, I don't feel like lugging around a huge ol bag with everything but the kitchen sink in it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.