Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joefro

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
Hello, I'm a new Mac user and I recently received a MacBook Pro(late 2008). I partitioned the hard drive equally between Windows and OSX. When I went to install Windows Vista(for gaming) I ran into some problems. I quickly realized my mistake. I was trying to install Windows with an old "Update Edition" that I had used back in 2007. My problem is that I can't get the Windows install disc to eject so that I can load OSX again. I would appreciate it if someone could help me figure out how to manually eject the disc so I get back to OSX. Thanks in advanced.

jonbravo77

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Hello, I'm a new Mac user and I recently received a MacBook Pro(late 2008). I partitioned the hard drive equally between Windows and OSX. When I went to install Windows Vista(for gaming) I ran into some problems. I quickly realized my mistake. I was trying to install Windows with an old "Update Edition" that I had used back in 2007. My problem is that I can't get the Windows install disc to eject so that I can load OSX again. I would appreciate it if someone could help me figure out how to manually eject the disc so I get back to OSX. Thanks in advanced.

Did you use the Boot Camp assistant? If so, Shut down the computer by holding the power button. When you hear the ding hold down the "Option" button and log into the Mac OS. Then eject the disk. That should do it.

joefro

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
Thank You! I was starting to worry I had seriously messed up my computer. I'm back in OSX and everything is fine. ;)

jonbravo77

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Thank You! I was starting to worry I had seriously messed up my computer. I'm back in OSX and everything is fine. ;)

No problem. Glad it was a simple thing. :D I would start over with everything, meaning dump the Boot Camp partition and start fresh, never know what might have been messed up with the whole Windows disk mis-hap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.