PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I stream purchased songs?

lem0nayde
Feb 27, 2004, 02:16 PM
Why won't iTunes let me stream the music that I've purchased from the iTunes Music Store to my office mates? It lets me stream everything else, including CDs of mine that I've ripped.

I don't understand how they legally justify not allowing you to let others stream (and not own) a song that you bought. That is like saying "You can buy our CDs, but don't play them in your home if others can hear."

It's not like I'm trying to broadcast it to the world, just to the cubicle next to mine.

Strange limitation.

Any insight? We are on PCs - but it won't let the Macs stream it either.

OutThere
Feb 29, 2004, 04:42 PM
Why won't iTunes let me stream the music that I've purchased from the iTunes Music Store to my office mates? It lets me stream everything else, including CDs of mine that I've ripped.

I don't understand how they legally justify not allowing you to let others stream (and not own) a song that you bought. That is like saying "You can buy our CDs, but don't play them in your home if others can hear."

It's not like I'm trying to broadcast it to the world, just to the cubicle next to mine.

Strange limitation.

Any insight? We are on PCs - but it won't let the Macs stream it either.

It's probably to keep people from hijacking the music through a system with something like Wiretap. I know that when I'm at school anyone in the school can stream my music, and that means that anyone could take it as well...