PDA

View Full Version : classic

MartL
Dec 27, 2008, 10:42 AM
where could apple go with the classics?

ZiggyPastorius
Dec 27, 2008, 10:53 AM
where could apple go with the classics?

That's kind of ugly, to be honest. It looks like a quick photoshop job, but nonetheless...

Anyways, some people are saying Apple is going to start phasing out the "idea" of the old classics, and work on some new type of high-GB iPod.

velocityg4
Dec 27, 2008, 11:13 AM
Honestly I think they should just make a slightly thicker iPod Touch alternative and put a hard drive in it for people whom want to store much more music and videos.

Then do the same with the iPhone.

I do not mean to get rid of the current ones. Just add thicker high capacity variants. Maybe use the 90's textured plastic for people whom do not want a fingerprint and scratch magnet:D.

JG271
Dec 27, 2008, 11:37 AM
... and how do you suppose people without photoshop view this file:rolleyes:

Nero Wolfe
Dec 27, 2008, 11:44 AM

I don't have Photoshop and it opened in quicklook.

Ljohnson72
Dec 27, 2008, 12:26 PM

I have Photoshop and it opened in Preview on its own ;)

sparkyms
Dec 27, 2008, 12:26 PM
Mine opened in ColorSync and I HAVE photoshop.

Prof.
Dec 29, 2008, 12:47 AM
They did it with the nano and everyone loves it. I'll bet that's where the classic is heading.

Melrose
Dec 29, 2008, 08:48 AM
^^ You meant a classic with the oval cross-section? That would be cool.

I don't think they'll do something like this, though, really. I have a classic, and I like the looks of the classic (Hence the name "Classic"). Currently, they have every category covered in their iPod lineup - Possibly they might add an FM receiver, or beef up the capacity. It won't be anything exteriorly drastic.

JG271
Dec 29, 2008, 09:17 AM
I have Photoshop and it opened in Preview on its own ;)

Oh cool, another awesome thing about macs!

It actually opened in coloursync utility for me:confused:

velocityg4
Dec 29, 2008, 10:52 AM
^^ You meant a classic with the oval cross-section? That would be cool.

I don't think they'll do something like this, though, really. I have a classic, and I like the looks of the classic (Hence the name "Classic"). Currently, they have every category covered in their iPod lineup - Possibly they might add an FM receiver, or beef up the capacity. It won't be anything exteriorly drastic.
Except a touch screen with large storage capacity. Not everyone whom uses an iPod carry's them around in their pockets. My main use has been for stereo's in a house or the car.

Though honestly I could care less about the big touch screen as I only really would want one for music. As I have a laptop for movie's on flights. My main concern is storage for music as I have nearly 9,000 now. Most were ripped from CD's at 320kbps MP3 though all CD's ripped after iTunes added Apple Lossless have been in lossless.

My main reason for wanting the touchscreen is that it is nifty. But 32GB of storage is a joke. Especially if you started adding movies. Adding an extra 1/4inch to the touch is reasonable to me to get a hard drive.