PDA

View Full Version : I found an iphone What should I do

bonciforever
Dec 28, 2008, 05:07 AM
Hello everyone being honest I found an iphone last night so it has no charge now an it has passcode I contacted the owner but he said that he didn't want it back because he wants a newone but he didn't give me the passcode, so what should I do? can it work just like an ipodtouch? can I reactivated with AT&T? ;)

Nicholas.C
Dec 28, 2008, 05:14 AM
Hello everyone being honest I found an iphone last night so it has no charge now an it has passcode I contacted the owner but he said that he didn't want it back because he wants a newone but he didn't give me the passcode, so what should I do? can it work just like an ipodtouch? can I reactivated with AT&T? ;)

uh, if you want to go down that root, restore the iPhone.

REDô
Dec 28, 2008, 07:27 AM
...I contacted the owner but he said that he didn't want it back because he wants a newone...

That must be a veeeery strange guy :eek:

Tallest Skil
Dec 28, 2008, 07:30 AM
Somehow I don't believe he doesn't want it back.

rdowns
Dec 28, 2008, 07:35 AM
Somehow I don't believe he doesn't want it back.

Ya think? :D

OP, just contact the owner again and get the passcode. :rolleyes:

Tallest Skil
Dec 28, 2008, 07:36 AM
Ya think? :D

OP, just contact the owner again and get the passcode. :rolleyes:

Exactly; that's the only way to restore it. If he doesn't want it back, he should be happy to open it up for you.

jmchen3
Dec 28, 2008, 07:57 AM
jailbreak it
and you can use it

friekunater
Dec 28, 2008, 08:18 AM
step 1: send me a private message asking my address

step 2: mail it to me

Tymmz
Dec 28, 2008, 08:48 AM
Just return it.

Willis
Dec 28, 2008, 08:53 AM
hook it up, go to disk utility and wipe it.. then viola... it will boot up in iTunes perfect.

bonciforever
Dec 28, 2008, 03:07 PM
Hello everyone!!!!
The owner doesn't want his iphone back because he wants the iphone 3G I think the reason that he doesn't want to give me the passcode is because he doesn't want me to see his personal stuff.

stukdog
Dec 28, 2008, 03:10 PM
Good for you on trying to be honest.

If he wants to claim it as "lost" so he can get a new iPhone 3G, then consider it your benefit.

If I were you, I'd restore it so it's clean and then sell it on eBay. With the amount you can make there, you could either buy the iPhone 3G or a brand new iPod Touch.

benflick
Dec 28, 2008, 03:13 PM
This is how I think it went down.
Hello everyone being honest I stole an iphone last night so it has no charge now an it has passcode so what should I do? can it work just like an ipodtouch? can I reactivated with AT&T? ;)

:rolleyes:

bonciforever
Dec 28, 2008, 03:21 PM
step 1: send me a private message asking my address

step 2: mail it to me

Hey Steve I couldn't send you a private email, this is my email bonciforever@hotmail.com

JackMaurer
Dec 28, 2008, 03:36 PM
He was winding you up OP...

How did you contact him if you have his phone? and you can't access his numbers?

bonciforever
Dec 28, 2008, 03:40 PM
He was winding you up OP...

How did you contact him if you have his phone? and you can't access his numbers?

Because he was calling to his number from a friend's cellph n I called him back from mine, because the iphone was dying.

benflick
Dec 28, 2008, 03:48 PM
Because he was calling to his number from a friend's cellph n I called him back from mine, because the iphone was dying.

Sounds fishy. I think you stole it, is that somewhere in the ballpark?
:p

scootaru
Dec 29, 2008, 12:59 AM

You called him back from your cell phone because the iPhone was dying? How could you have used the iPhone if it was locked?

jaw04005
Dec 29, 2008, 01:05 AM
You called him back from your cell phone because the iPhone was dying? How could you have used the iPhone if it was locked?

You can answer calls on a locked iPhone. You don't have to type in your passcode before answering.

MrM
Dec 29, 2008, 01:07 AM
The OP sounds like a thief.

[/thread]

Bingbonghoho
Dec 29, 2008, 03:03 AM
There are only 3 thing that u can do with this. Good, bad of nothing.
- hammer
- blender + YouTube.
- send it to MSFT CEO Balmer.

- send it to apple.
- post it to Africa! (not going to be easy)
- personal use

- put it in a safe!

Hoagie52
Dec 29, 2008, 09:12 PM
Hello everyone!!!!
The owner doesn't want his iphone back because he wants the iphone 3G I think the reason that he doesn't want to give me the passcode is because he doesn't want me to see his personal stuff.

Even if be wants a new one why would the guy not want it back. I would just to make sure no one get at my info.

Shawn D
Dec 30, 2008, 02:42 AM
Just return it.

Mr. Giver '94
Dec 30, 2008, 02:52 AM
OP joins just to post this...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just return it and stop wasting peoples' time.

sushi
Dec 30, 2008, 02:52 AM
This story doesn't make sense.

petermcphee
Dec 30, 2008, 03:03 AM
This story doesn't make sense.

Agree. There are far too many loose ends to this one. The OP has not established the requisite level pf trust by providing details to get specific useful advice.

In other words, pics or it didn't happen.

queshy
Dec 30, 2008, 03:08 AM
How did you contact the owner if it has a passcode?

More likely is that the OP stole the iPhone and it has a passcode and s/he wants a way around that.

queshy
Dec 30, 2008, 03:12 AM

Sorry, but I don't buy it.

SFStateStudent
Dec 30, 2008, 03:18 AM
Sounds like somebody is pulling my chain (normally I can tell within the first FOUR words: "I found an iPhone") and I don't take well to getting jerked around in a forum that I visit of my own free will. Why would someone want to lose his iPhone (v1 from the sounds of it) in order to get a new 3G? Owner should sell the v1 iPhone and then buy a new 3G iPhone with some of that money. OP, "What should I do?" is inviting fellow MR Members to condone your questionable actions. Anyone with an ounce of integrity would return it or turn it into the local police department as a lost and found item, wait 30 days and the PD will notify you to come pick it up, if it goes unclaimed. :mad:

bhov97
Dec 30, 2008, 09:31 AM
Sorry, but I don't buy it.

just playing devil's advocate....i know the story is a bit on the wierd side
but, stranger **** has happened, and if u haven't noticed there are a lot of strange folks in this world...

skye12
Dec 30, 2008, 09:44 AM
It is most likely an elaborate psychology study by a group of graduate students.
I'd give it to a street person.

gadgetdad
Dec 30, 2008, 10:14 AM
This thread makes my head hurt. My take on it, stolen.

firteen888
Dec 30, 2008, 10:14 AM

Why would he even bother calling the phone if he didn't want it back? So he went out of his way just to tell the person who found it that they can keep it?

queshy
Dec 30, 2008, 07:47 PM
just playing devil's advocate....i know the story is a bit on the wierd side
but, stranger **** has happened, and if u haven't noticed there are a lot of strange folks in this world...

You could be right, but I've been here long enough and seen enough threads like and they all end the same way: accusations of theft and then the OP disappears.

SnowLeopard2008
Dec 30, 2008, 08:14 PM
You could be right, but I've been here long enough and seen enough threads like and they all end the same way: accusations of theft and then the OP disappears.

you're right. the OP hasn't responded... :D

luminosity
Dec 30, 2008, 08:48 PM
Stolen.

What a disappointment. I expected to see someone being honest and asking for advice on what to do for real.

T10HJS
Jan 1, 2009, 12:29 AM
Why would he even bother calling the phone if he didn't want it back? So he went out of his way just to tell the person who found it that they can keep it?

That sums it up for me.....

the nerve of some people..... :mad:

pisces03x
Jan 1, 2009, 01:22 AM
I still find it interesting to learn what one can do if faced with a similar situation (albeit with their own, legally-purchased iPhone as opposed to one that was strangely "found").

Let's say that somebody syncs their password-protected iPhone with their computer all the time, except one day their computer dies. They get a new computer, but unfortunately they forgot the password to their device so iTunes will not allow a restore.

Would setting it in disk mode allow for a restore?

(I know it's probably already been posted, but I mean the thread's already open...) ;)