Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
It's generally recommended to you use a soft microfiber cloth lightly moistened with water. Do not use any alcoholic based solvents.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
It's generally recommended to you use a soft microfiber cloth lightly moistened with water. Do not use any alcoholic based solvents.

+1 a damp cloth works miracles both on the screen and on the case.

kastenbrust

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2008
North Korea
yeah, just use water, we had a guy come in the store last week who had used Cillit Bang on his 2 day old Macbook Pro (im not sure if you get it in the US but its basically like pure acid except its an alkali anyway) his outer unibody casing felt like it had been sandpapered, and the screen was covered in blotches where it was no longer glossy anymore..permanently.. needless to say it wasnt covered under warranty.

staccato83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
Las Vegas
I would recommend to use Hydrochloric Acid, but only for the outer casing. DO NOT put the HCl on the screen. For the screen I would recommend something just a tad bit stronger like Nitric Acid. These two will definitely do the trick for you.

kastenbrust

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2008
North Korea
I would recommend to use Hydrochloric Acid, but only for the outer casing. DO NOT put the HCl on the screen. For the screen I would recommend something just a tad bit stronger like Nitric Acid. These two will definitely do the trick for you.

lol if he actually did that epic fail
bleach on the case, then toilet duck on the screen
hahaha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.