Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
iPod usually don't get updated until September i believe. i'm not 100% sure though

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Nope. Buy now, don't open it, if something is announced, return for free and get what you want, if something isn't open and be happy.
Excellent advice, as usual.

I doubt MWSF 09 will be a music event. But who knows? Silent updates are known to happen all the time.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
well then y not just buy then?

What, you mean wait for it to come out and then buy it? Because we don't know if it will even come out. If he does what I said to do, the second the keynote is over, he can flop on over to store.apple.com to see if there was a silent update, and if not, he can open his new iPod touch five seconds later.

sprescott1974

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2002
September is iPod month, but the iPhone received a 16GB addition this time last year, so people are all paranoid about the IMMINENT, CERTAIN TO COME 32GB version that is not imminent.

not imminent because the 32gb version is already out.

now 64gb version...that would be nice.

sprescott1974

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2002
my bad

i didn't read the post i replied to properly, but in my defense this is the ipod touch forum and the guy was asking about a 64 gig touch not an iphone. that is why i replied saying there already is a 32 gig touch.

Muncher

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2007
California
Nope. Buy now, don't open it, if something is announced, return for free and get what you want, if something isn't open and be happy.

Actually, wait a little. Don't buy right now, because Apple charges their ipods and leaves them in the boxes as such, and the more time the ipod spends fully charged in it's box, the faster it loses battery life.

Besides, if anything, you should wait. There might be a price drop (it's not likely, but if you don't need the ipod now...).

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
What, you mean wait for it to come out and then buy it? Because we don't know if it will even come out. If he does what I said to do, the second the keynote is over, he can flop on over to store.apple.com to see if there was a silent update, and if not, he can open his new iPod touch five seconds later.

and if he buys now he gets a free negative one month addition to his warrenty!

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia
Might as well wait now. I doubt Apple would wait until September before updating capacities in iPods; they can do that whenever new memory chips hit the market without making changes to the rest of the hardware.

New iMacs, new Mac Mini and a release date for OS X 10.6 seem like the most likely announcements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.