PDA

View Full Version : iTunes gift cards?

TopGear300
Dec 28, 2008, 06:10 PM
Hello all!

So I am going to buy my new 2.4 MacBook soon (woo!!! :D) and did ask for some gift cards for christmas, because the family laughed at me when I asked them to get me the actual laptop. :( HAHA so a few didn't know better and bought me iTunes gift cards instead of actually going into an apple store and picking up the legit ones there. These won't work in the store or on the apple store online will they???

Any responses are much appreciated!

Tallest Skil
Dec 28, 2008, 06:11 PM
Only on iTunes.

TopGear300
Dec 28, 2008, 06:19 PM
and even though they were bought in the apple store... I can't like return them or trade them in for apple store cards can I. What can I say my family is technologically challenged?:(;)

GoCubsGo
Dec 28, 2008, 06:22 PM
I would say Apple would be less inclined to take the gift cards back on account of how easy it would be to have taken the codes from the cards and used them. Not to mention the scams you find on ebay where you get $200 for $80.

TopGear300
Dec 28, 2008, 07:42 PM
So Im outta luck huh? Mine as well put them in iTunes?

bradenwh
Dec 28, 2008, 07:54 PM

Yes. They are iTunes gift cards, so it would be only reasonable to use them with iTunes. I doubt they're refundable at all. Tough luck.

Luke1robb
Dec 28, 2008, 09:28 PM

I would beg to differ and say you should try. My girlfriend bought me an Apple Gift Card $25 and iTunes Gift Card $25 for my bday and I took them in and asked for them to be combined onto the Apple Gift Card, and they had no problem. Just tell me what happened. Despite above comments, they can check the balance of the cards and see if you've sold them or used them already. So don't listen to everyone in here telling you your screwed. Clearly they haven't had this situation before.

Good Luck

TopGear300
Dec 28, 2008, 09:34 PM
well thank you!

haha thats the kinda of story I wanted to hear but regardless I will try, just not sure what they will do. I have 50 so its a lot but not like a deal breaker.;)