Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
This is a little bit off topic. I'm looking for another forum where people talk about the theory of loudspeaker design. Anyone got some URLs?

What I'm trying to find out is which kind of stereo speaker would be the least sensitive to placement within a listening room. For example maybe rear ported cabinets are effected by the back wall more then front ported or acoustic suspension designs. Then what about tweeters that face rearward or upward? Line sources?

The problem is I have a horrible shaped listing area that looks like two "L" shapes that intersect and I want to fill the space. Speakers I've tried seem to have a very small "sweat spot" only a few feet wide.

I did not mean to start a long thread here but posted the question to show the types of question that might be covered in the forum.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Here's one. Something tells me they don't have avatar contests and Chatterbox Fridays. ;)

Here's another page of resources to start with as well.

Good luck with your adventures in speaker land. Go old school. Bi or tri-amped transmission lines set well away from the walls. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.