Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Is it just me or has the advent of the new forum made the server overload a lot more? I am getting server too busy messages every time I go to a page, and there are only 700 people here. I remember that with the old one I only got that when there were 1700+ people here. (ie: macworld expos)

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
OutThere761 said:
Is it just me or has the advent of the new forum made the server overload a lot more? I am getting server too busy messages every time I go to a page, and there are only 700 people here. I remember that with the old one I only got that when there were 1700+ people here. (ie: macworld expos)

there's a lot of background processing going on.... search index is being rebuilt and the attachements thumbnails are being regenerated.

hopefully when all is said and done, the new forum will perform better than the old.

arn

OutThere

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Thanks for the input...I'm glad to hear that this won't be a lasting problem. :D

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Opteron said:
Server to busy, with 63 members online?

63 or 630?

Yeah, got the same thing at about 600 as well.

At least it's not like the Deviant[F]ART servers, where upgrades occurs by the month, and thumbnail loads come by probability.
icon_twisted.gif
new_snipersmilie.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.