Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

getrusty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Been search around and looking for help for a n00b. I say a thread in another area of these forum but it was unclear what the verdict was.

I have been trying to figure out who to get my Video_TS files to run on my appleTv. I have not seen any recent activity on this thread but thought I would see if anyone can clarify the best way to achieve this. I did not want to covert my files.

I have played these file son my macbook pro. works great... so what about the apple TV.

I just got the ATV and learning... so hopefully I don't get flamed.

pilotError

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2006
Long Island
I don't think you can unless you hack it. Even then, you can't stream it you would have to sync it down from what I remember.

Conversion is a necessary evil...

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Been search around and looking for help for a n00b. I say a thread in another area of these forum but it was unclear what the verdict was.

I have been trying to figure out who to get my Video_TS files to run on my appleTv. I have not seen any recent activity on this thread but thought I would see if anyone can clarify the best way to achieve this. I did not want to covert my files.

I have played these file son my macbook pro. works great... so what about the apple TV.

I just got the ATV and learning... so hopefully I don't get flamed.

With hacks it is possible

getrusty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Roy- can you point me certain a direction with what needs to be done?

I have heard that response from a friend but he doesn't know where to go.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
10 minutes is all you leave well AppleTV Hacks may be off help although last updated in October.

Whatever you do to your AppleTV you do at your own risk no one but yourself can be held accountable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.