PDA

View Full Version : Dust under the screen

teerexx52
Dec 31, 2008, 04:25 AM
Thought I'd post my experience with my new MacBook 2.0. Picked it up yesterday on Craigslist new and sealed in the box. No receipt. When I booted it I noticed a dark spot on the screen. I originally thought it was dead or stuck pixels but upon closer examination it appeared to be dust. I was immediately worried as I couldn't return it to the seller on Craigslist so I took it to my local Apple Store. Even with no receipt they looked it up by serial number. They looked at the screen and immediately gave me a new one saying it was dust under the screen. I was amazed and pleased to say the least with the service and result.

Solemony
Dec 31, 2008, 11:15 AM
Thought I'd post my experience with my new MacBook 2.0. Picked it up yesterday on Craigslist new and sealed in the box. No receipt. When I booted it I noticed a dark spot on the screen. I originally thought it was dead or stuck pixels but upon closer examination it appeared to be dust. I was immediately worried as I couldn't return it to the seller on Craigslist so I took it to my local Apple Store. Even with no receipt they looked it up by serial number. They looked at the screen and immediately gave me a new one saying it was dust under the screen. I was amazed and pleased to say the least with the service and result.

Good to hear that. My didn't have any so I was pleased :)

teerexx52
Dec 31, 2008, 04:18 PM
Good to hear that. My didn't have any so I was pleased :)

Thanks. I was just pleased with the way Apple handled it. A very positive experience.

acfusion29
Dec 31, 2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks. I was just pleased with the way Apple handled it. A very positive experience.

Your sig says 2.4 but you state you got a 2.0. Which one is it? :p

teerexx52
Dec 31, 2008, 08:34 PM
Your sig says 2.4 but you state you got a 2.0. Which one is it? :p

Right now I have both a MacBook Pro 2.4 and MacBook 2.0 both unibody