PDA

View Full Version : Does this exist? Dock w/charging & Bluetooth Audio out?

Requiemm
Dec 31, 2008, 11:59 AM
Since the iphone does not support music over Bluetooth I got the Jaybird headphones with the iphone dock connector attachment. Works great but one problem. You can't charge your phone while using them.

Now the obvious solution would be for Apple, (or some jailbreak wizard) to unlock the bluetooth stack and allow stereo audio over Bluetooth. Until that happens though, doe anyone make either of the following solutions:

1. Iphone dock that will charge the iphone and allow you to pair a Bluetooth device with the doc to recieve stereo audio through Bluetooth. I know there are a couple of wireless speaker systems out there that do this but only pair with themselves, I want something that will charge my phone and pair with whatever I want.

2. A charger pass through. Simply put, a wall charger that has the male dock connector on one side and a female dock connector on the other. It only provides power and allows everything else to pass through from the female connector to the male to the phone. This would also help with all those other devices that work great with the iphone 3g but no longer charge it.

Any thoughts?