Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dirocco901

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
I know there are threads about iPod cases, but none of those helped me. I need an iPod Touch case that will protect it if I drop it. Every case that I have found that would protect it if it drops doesn't protect this area.

ipodtouch22-1.jpg

TheJut

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2008
Hey dirocco901-

I made a post earlier today about my otterbox. You may want to look into their higher end case, the Armor. It looks like something along those lines.

Cheers.

Roadking

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2008
take a look at the defender as well (otterbox) I have one for my Blackberry. My boss dropped his blackberry with that case on about 15 feet up and it fell and hit the concrete floor.

Not a scratch. Worked great.

Good Luck.

TheJut

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2008
take a look at the defender as well (otterbox) I have one for my Blackberry. My boss dropped his blackberry with that case on about 15 feet up and it fell and hit the concrete floor.

Not a scratch. Worked great.

Good Luck.

Agreed, I have the defender, but my buddy dropped his in the river and he had the armor case. No problems.

Cheers.

dirocco901

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Agreed, I have the defender, but my buddy dropped his in the river and he had the armor case. No problems.

Cheers.

How does the built in screen protector on the defender effect the touch screen? Is it any less responsive than with the case not on?

TheJut

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2008
How does the built in screen protector on the defender effect the touch screen? Is it any less responsive than with the case not on?

Not immensely. The only thing noticeably different is scrolling. I was used to just dragging my thumb across by buddy list or something and having it go flying with the slightest touch. While it still moves a lot when I drag it, it used to go a little bit further because my thumb was barely making contact as I was lifting it. Other than that, the response would seem the same.

Cheers.

dirocco901

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Not immensely. The only thing noticeably different is scrolling. I was used to just dragging my thumb across by buddy list or something and having it go flying with the slightest touch. While it still moves a lot when I drag it, it used to go a little bit further because my thumb was barely making contact as I was lifting it. Other than that, the response would seem the same.

Cheers.
Thanks, I guess I will buy it then.

gmanbreaks

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2009
neo

the best case for touches are the neo capsule by SWITCHEASY... go to switcheasy.com.....

Roadking

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2008
Another comment to add about Otterbox.

They have excellent customer service.

I broke the belt clip on my defender getting out of my car. I called them up to find out about purchasing a replacement and they just sent me one free of charge. Not even a shipping charge.

They handle customers service extremely well. Other people I have talked to have had similar experiences.

Thumbs up for Otterbox!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.