Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ketot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
u see, where i stay, there aren't any apple shops. however, we have apple resellers. so they don't have absolutely EVERYTHING advertised in the apple online store. anyway, i was reading about the power support anti glare film and thought it was amazing. also, my friend has one for the iphone 3g. in the shops, no protective film is being sold for the ipod touch 1g anymore because it can be considered absolete. all they have are protective films for the ipod touch and iphone 3g. so i was online and decided to do a little research and this is what i found on the apple website:

iPod touch - Technical Specifications

* Height: 4.3 inches (110 mm)
* Width: 2.4 inches (61.8 mm)
* Depth: 0.31 inch (8 mm)

iPod touch (2nd generation) - Technical Specifications

Height:
4.3 inches (110 mm)
Width:
2.4 inches (61.8 mm)
Depth:
0.33 inch (8.5 mm)

as we can see, the height and width of both the ipod touch 2g and 1g are the same, down to the tenth of a millimeter. i dont really think the depth matters much for the screen protector thing. so, i was wondering: since the dimensions of both of these devices are the same, the protective film for ipod touch 2g should fit the ipod touch 1g. now, i just need confirmation from yall that it WILL be able to fit on my device. please reply asap ;D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.