PDA

View Full Version : Aluminium MB 2.4 video & games problem

danando
Jan 1, 2009, 07:24 AM
Hi There,

I've had my MB for about a week now, and I have just got around to start loading some games on there for when i'm in dead boring lectures;).

I loaded Diablo II + Lord of Destruction on (by no means a recent game and the MB should easily be able to cope if it can easily cope with NFS like on the promo video.)

However, when I am in game play like fighting creatures etc, the game is slowed dramatically and there have been times when the entire MB freezes and all I can do is sit and wait for it to "Auto Force Quit":eek:

I'm not to sure if it is a game problem as it is so old, or if it is a hardware problem, or something else.

If someone would be able to shed some light on what is going on that would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Dan.

neiltc13
Jan 1, 2009, 07:43 AM
Gaming on Mac is not good. Drivers for the GPU in particular are shoddy, with an emphasis on video rendering and regular 2D rendering more than 3D stuff.

If you can, install Windows. That way you get regularly updated software and access to a much larger library of games.

ayeying
Jan 1, 2009, 11:25 AM
Hi There,

I've had my MB for about a week now, and I have just got around to start loading some games on there for when i'm in dead boring lectures;).

I loaded Diablo II + Lord of Destruction on (by no means a recent game and the MB should easily be able to cope if it can easily cope with NFS like on the promo video.)

However, when I am in game play like fighting creatures etc, the game is slowed dramatically and there have been times when the entire MB freezes and all I can do is sit and wait for it to "Auto Force Quit":eek:

I'm not to sure if it is a game problem as it is so old, or if it is a hardware problem, or something else.

If someone would be able to shed some light on what is going on that would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Dan.

Diablo II is a PPC game if I remember correctly, so for your MacBook, it requires it running in Rosetta and tahts why it is extremely slow.

Jake381
Jan 1, 2009, 05:17 PM
It will also help to be using a power source other than your battery when performing large tasks such as a game.