Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chandler Adaway

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
Beaumont, TX
It hasn't hit me yet, but I did it!
I've been waiting since Christmas Day (I've been waiting MONTHS just to save up enough to get it, I'm 15) for the 2.4 Alu Macbook's to pop up on the referbished list and I just happened to check one last time today, and sure enough, both the 2.0 and 2.4 were in there!

I'm so excited to just take a picture of it and put it in the picture thread. Haha!

I can't wait.

Oh hey, quick question, how was the shipping speed for you guys?
Do you think I will get it on Monday? I'm pretty sure it's not possible to come in by Saturday, although, I would be the happiest man alive if it did.

Finally, I'll be able to pursue my dreams of being in the music business. :)

Goodnight, and Happy New Year!

petermcphee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
Congratulations! I have the 2.4 Aluminum MacBook and couldn't be happier with it. I do not think that you will be disappointed.

petermcphee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
There are tons of threads already that compare the 2.4 to the 2.0, so there's no need for me to rehash that here, but I did want to comment that the larger hard drive on the 2.4 is a welcome feature from my perspective. I always marvel at the space I have left when I see it in the bottom of finder windows.:D

seattle

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
Congrats on your new MacBook. Shipping was fast but I don't remember how many days it took.

Project7

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
Me too!

Yayy, I too have been waiting since Christmas day for mine (exactly the same as yours)

I was told that it would arrive on the 7th, but received a call from Apple today saying that it will be here on Monday.

I'm so excited, can't wait... let's swap pictures! :cool:

Tinknock71

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2008
Westland Michigan
Congrads! You will not be disappointed! I have the same Mac and love it! the bad news is you might not get it till Tuesday or Wed, takes about 3 days usually.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
If I was in your position I would have got the 2.0GHz model because the 2.4 is only slightly better.

Chandler Adaway

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
Beaumont, TX
If I was in your position I would have got the 2.0GHz model because the 2.4 is only slightly better.

I got the referbished one, so technically, it was only a hundred dollars more than the 2.0.
And if I'm spending this much money on a computer, I wouldn't be able to justify not getting the better one for a hundred dollars more.

Thanks for all the congrats everyone, I'm really excited.
I'll definately put up some pictures as soon as it comes in.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I added the 2.4 laptop this week. This is my second Mac, starting with my still-going G5 iMac. I think I'm just as excited as you, too. =)

I'm also very happy I went with the 2.4. I didn't NEED the space and I'm sure I wouldn't have noticed the increase in speed. But I do notice the backlighting and it is FANTASTIC! I actually had the 2.0 box in hand and changed my mind before he rang me up and went with the 2.4.

With a college discount that means $250 + extra tax for a backlit keyboard. Pretty ridiculous considering, but with a few days of use I think it's worth the upgrade cost.

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2008
Wow, first time I saw the new UniBodies on the refurbished store. Thanks for the notice!

I'm tempted myself to buy one, as I am a musician inclined to many instruments and hours of intense, but fun practicing (piano, alto sax, guitar, and drums). But I, unfortunately, have to wait until June to purchase one. Still, I would get a free iPod! College will be amazing with one of these little beasts.

Congrats on your purchase, and PLEASE take lots of pictures. It'll be the first refurbished model I know of from these new models. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.