PDA

View Full Version : Burglar scared off by man dressed as Thor

edesignuk
Jan 2, 2009, 10:44 AM

A builder scared off a house-breaker by running at him dressed as the Norse god Thor.

The terrified intruder leapt from a first floor window to escape Torvald Alexander, who was dressed as the Norse god of thunder in a red cape and silver helmet and breastplate.

Mr Alexander had just returned from a New Year's Eve fancy dress party when he discovered the man in his home in Inverleith, Edinburgh. Metro (http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?Burglar_scared_off_by_man_dressed_as_Thor&in_article_id=457205&in_page_id=2).

:D

kwood
Jan 2, 2009, 11:15 AM
At least he had a good reason to be dressed like Thor. That could have been an awkward story if he was just at home by himself all night.

Thomas Veil
Jan 2, 2009, 12:14 PM
At least he had a good reason to be dressed like Thor. That could have been an awkward story if he was just at home by himself all night.Ain't it the truth. :p

At least this guy's got the build for it, even if his costume is so ridiculously cheesy that it looks like a Lost in Space reject.

iToaster
Jan 2, 2009, 12:41 PM
If I was somehow in the position of stealing things in Thor's house and he came home, I'd run too.

mkrishnan
Jan 2, 2009, 12:46 PM
That's pretty awesome. :)

Abstract
Jan 2, 2009, 01:06 PM
At least he had a good reason to be dressed like Thor.

Hey wait a sec.....Thursday isn't Thor Day. Tuesday is!

IJ Reilly
Jan 2, 2009, 01:09 PM
This is why I always dress as Hermes.

BTW, Americans might like to know that "first floor" in the UK is the same as "second floor" over here -- so this intruder was probably dressed as Superman.

mkrishnan
Jan 2, 2009, 01:14 PM
Hey wait a sec.....Thursday isn't Thor Day. Tuesday is!

One hit from Mjollinir will have you saying that Every Day is Thor Day. ;)

Abstract
Jan 2, 2009, 01:19 PM
I doubt I'd jump out the first floor (2nd storey) window just because a guy was dressed like Thor. However, if he was dressed as Carrot Top, and he was carrying box of crap toys in his left hand, and a mic in his right hand...... :o

zephead
Jan 2, 2009, 01:53 PM
Mr Alexander had just returned from a New Year's Eve fancy dress party when he discovered the man in his home in Inverleith, Edinburgh.

Oh yeah, that looks real fancy. What's that he's wearing, aluminum foil? :p

joepunk
Jan 2, 2009, 07:06 PM
Oh yeah, that looks real fancy. What's that he's wearing, aluminum foil? :p

If that's all he wore then I'm glad there are no photos of him below the waist. :eek:

Marble
Jan 2, 2009, 08:12 PM
What are those pictures in the background?

obeygiant
Jan 2, 2009, 08:14 PM
Is that tin foil?

iJohnHenry
Jan 2, 2009, 09:10 PM
What are those pictures in the background?

They look like Thor comic book covers, whatever the Hell they are??

yorkshire
Jan 3, 2009, 04:01 AM
I'd love to see the look on the burglar's face!

patrick0brien
Jan 6, 2009, 04:39 PM
I'd love to see the look on the burglar's face!

-yorkshire

I'd love to hear what he said when he saw Thor coming down the hall at him.

ezekielrage_99
Jan 6, 2009, 04:54 PM
This is more reason for me to ware my monkey magic costume (I am really being serious, I would wear it every day if I could).

branjosef
Jan 11, 2009, 02:16 AM
That is soo awesome. Did he have his hammer?

GodofThunder
Jan 11, 2009, 06:54 PM
Hey, it wasn't me.

runningman
Jan 11, 2009, 07:06 PM
First if someone came running at me with a red cap dressed in reynolds wrap i may jump also.
the other question is he just returned from a new years eve fancy party...if dressing in aluminum foil is fancy hate to see the casual wear party and perhaps just perhaps he imagined the whole thing from the radio waves he received through the aluminum skull cap he was wearing

Mebsat
Jan 11, 2009, 10:28 PM
At least he had a good reason to be dressed like Thor. That could have been an awkward story if he was just at home by himself all night.

What makes you think he only dresses like this for a "good reason"?

Sun Baked
Jan 11, 2009, 10:33 PM
Hey, it wasn't me.

What happened with your burglar, did he fall down laughing at the costume? ;) :p

BlackSnow
Jan 15, 2009, 09:13 PM
-yorkshire

I'd love to hear what he said when he saw Thor coming down the hall at him.

Oh s***, it's Thor!!! Or, Oh s***, it's a crazy guy in tin foil.