PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to upgrade TV shows to HD?

Michael CM1
Jan 2, 2009, 08:06 PM
I bought Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog when it was released and before HD was available. I'd like to get the HD version, but I don't want to pay the full $8.99 for it. I have searched for an upgrade link in iTunes, but I can't find it. This seems logical with the "Complete My Album" availability, but I don't think it's doable yet.

SmartIndianKid
Jan 2, 2009, 10:03 PM
I don't believe it's available, but you could try contacting Apple and see what they're able to do.

hexonxonx
Jan 3, 2009, 08:56 PM
You are stuck with having to repurchase it in HD all over again.

They did that with Lost. IT was out in SD first then released the HD versions. I had already purchased all the SD versions and had to buy all the seasons all over again to get the HD versions.

Michael CM1
Jan 3, 2009, 10:24 PM
You are stuck with having to repurchase it in HD all over again.

They did that with Lost. IT was out in SD first then released the HD versions. I had already purchased all the SD versions and had to buy all the seasons all over again to get the HD versions.

Well I'll be suckered in to the Blu-ray versions when they're released. With the discovery of Netflix, I can now buy my stuff in Blu-ray, rent the DVD, then rip to a format about like the SD files on iTunes.