Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Salvacion

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
Inglewood, CA
Hi all,

I need to go around and record peo0ple reading a small paragraph for a school project, and instead of lugging around my laptop I thought it'd be genius to use my iPhone. What's the best app (free or otherwise) that will let me record up to 5 minutes of audio and then allow me to get the audio off my iPhone and into either Mac or PC?

Thanks in advance

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2008
iTalk, made by Griffin, works well. There is free software for Mac/PC to transfer recordings via Wi-Fi. The ad version is free but ad-free costs around a few bucks. If you're just using it a few times the ad version is perfect.

beate

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
I like SpeakEasy Voice Recorder ($2.00). I have 4 or 5 different recording apps and this is my favorite. You are not limited by recording time restrictions and it downloads to iTunes easily (get the free software from their site noted in the App's description). Quality of recording is outstanding. You can even convert recordings into ringtones.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284652710&mt=8
(sorry - I don't know how to do the simple link...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.