Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dw3bb10

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
One:

I have a 60gb iPod video that I recieved from a friend. It doesnt power on, or is responsive at all. I assume it needs a new battery. Id like to replace this myself. I know how to do this. Anyone have any feedback if it could be ANOTHER issue? Seems to be the battery to me

Second:

I have an 80gb iPod classic that needs a new hard drive, as the current one has bad sectors thus not allowing me to put more than 200 or so songs on it. Would it be possible to put a harddrive from a 30gb ipod video in it?

Thanks a TON!

benlangdon

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2008
first of all,
try taking it apart and see if everything is connected.
i have done this and the video cable popped out and that was it.

and if you know how to fix these,
couldn't you just open both up and see if its the same?

i dunno i do these all the time and i can take apart one with a credit card on a stationary bike (i actually did this once ) in no time so i would see taking both apart and seeing if its the same easier then posting a thread.

dw3bb10

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
first of all,
try taking it apart and see if everything is connected.
i have done this and the video cable popped out and that was it.

and if you know how to fix these,
couldn't you just open both up and see if its the same?

i dunno i do these all the time and i can take apart one with a credit card on a stationary bike (i actually did this once ) in no time so i would see taking both apart and seeing if its the same easier then posting a thread.

The classic is currently not in my possession.

teflon

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2007
Second:

I have an 80gb iPod classic that needs a new hard drive, as the current one has bad sectors thus not allowing me to put more than 200 or so songs on it. Would it be possible to put a harddrive from a 30gb ipod video in it?

Thanks a TON!

They are both single platter so the 30gb should fit. I doubt the size/connector of the hard drives actually changed in the last two years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.