Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

callsignAPOLLO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Ok, I've bought several different software packages for recording video with my built-in isight but no matter what I use my mouth seems out of sync with the audio and the framerate seems rather low.

I've tried using ishowu HD, evocam, and built in photobooth.

No matter what I do the framerate seems low and I struggle to get good quality.

I would like to be able to record in good quality under ishowuHD so I can record from the isight and my desktop simultaneously.

What can I do in terms of settings to get the most out of my imac's built in isight?

Is there a certain video size that agrees with it and/or a certain compression format?

Also, is it normal to wave a hand in front of the cam at a fair distance, not too fast, and it to appear blurred?

Thanks ! I need help !

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I record with Screenflow (record audio/video options at startup) and just delete the track that records my screen. I resized the video to make it fullscreen and export HD. Check out my YouTube channel page. Works rather nicely.

callsignAPOLLO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
ok the problem isn't the programs...

i've come to realize that the problem is the lame framerate i'm getting out of the isight !

it's fluctuating between 15-20 fps at best, how can i make it hit 30fps while recording, it's not a cpu problem by the way...

i rad in several places that lighting can be a big factor but changing lighting doesn't seem to help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.