Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sangrael

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
Hi all,

I already have a few Mac's but I just got hold of a second hand 15" G4 Powerbook with 512 RAM and 1.25 GHz processor.

Granted, it'll need a new battery but I figured that at £250 it was not too bad after I got rid of a damned awful Windows laptop that I bought in a fit of lunacy in November (good riddance to the clunky, Vista vileness, I say)

I don't do a lot of crunching with any of my machines. I basically just run i-tunes, do a bit of downloading and essentially use them for communicating and writing on.

Will this need any upgrading compared to my iBook G4 which is 1Gb and 1.33 GHz(I seem to recall)

Basically, is it a sound machine for the things I do or is it way too retarded these days

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
A PB G4 is fine for those types of tasks. I would put more RAM in it but otherwise, it's still a fine machine.

Sangrael

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
A PB G4 is fine for those types of tasks. I would put more RAM in it but otherwise, it's still a fine machine.

Smashing

I was thinking of 1Gb of RAM in the next month so your comments are welcome :)

Hot Snowboarder

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2009
Behind you...!
I would buy a PowerBook G4 just to look at it.

It was the first mac I ever wanted... but I couldn't afford to buy one until they were long gone.

Up the RAM and use the little beauty for as long as you can. :)

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
I have 2 sticks of 512 mb of Ram for that laptop, trying to get rid of them anyways.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.