Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bartman-chinese

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2006
Hong Kong: Asia's World City
Hi all,

I just got back from an 8-day long trip to mainland China and when I got back I realized that I had left my MBA unplugged and in sleep mode. When I came back, I opened the lid and found that hitting the keys on the keyboard didn't work. Then I realized that the battery was probably completely out of charge. After I plugged it in, I opened the lid again and hit the power button. The device powered up but after it got to the login screen I could not type my password in or move the cursor. I tried plugging in a USB mighty mouse but it still wouldn't register. I was replacing some of the USB driver files on the MBA before I left and I think that might be the problem. How do I fix this if there's no network boot or firewire? I think my warranty might be voided too because it's had a few nasty bumps... but I don't think that's what's causing the problem.

Thanks in advance!

a-macdb

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2009
same problem

i had the same problem, you can take over your screen with another mac. i re-installed the mac os-x and put a time machine volume back that is what it did for me. if you put the install disk in it and press c with a boot all works fine!

(probably the things that aren't working are: trackpad, keyboard, usb, bluetooth.)

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Well, the problem sounds like you can't even get enough power to it? If that's NOT the problem, then I would suggest verifying disk permissions; repair disk permissions; reset the PRAM, via Remote Disk from another computer that can read your reinstall discs. A few bumps, scratches, and USB driver removals will not void your warranty. Get it into the Apple Store as soon as possible...:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.