Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Yeah, Tuesday what you need to wait for. I doubt anything huge, but you might get new iLife or something.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
I am 45 days happy with my 1.86SSD! Sure there may be a price drop after but no upgrades. I can't see any reason to wait for Rev C.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
You might get a HD bump or iLife out of MWSF, if those are not concerns then I would get it, then again it is only 2 days away, so just for the heck of it you might as well wait.

Kan-O-Z

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
I can't imagine there would be any changes to the MBA. It was just updated. But as others said...you may get newer versions of software like iLife. Since it's only 2 days away, it can't hurt to wait. Rev B is great, you won't regret it ;)

Kan-O-Z

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I'd wait the two more days just to be on the safe side of things.
But overall, the Rev. B is awesome. You will fully enjoy it. ;)

hscottm

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2005
I disagree. Wait until there are no longer reports of RevB machines with lines on the screen.

We just got one delivered on Monday that still has this problem. Its not a myth. Now we cant get apple to do anything about it!

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
Damn. I was thinking about trying the Air again after a failed Rev A experience. It does seem there is always something with these airs!

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
Do NOT get an Air until the lines issue is fixed so you do no have to argue with idiot Apple employees who claim that these lines are within specs!

ducatidoc

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
my apple store noticed the lines, but then pulled out a revA that had the lines as well. the response i got was basically "they all seem to have them, if we swap out the display we cant guarantee that the new one wont have them either." it's a design flaw; email steve and dont take it out on the "genius."

as for to mba now or later, id wait. too too many new mac rumors that didnt transpire at macworld. kinda makes you wonder how apple will choose to debut new products now seeing as how this is their last one.

then again, for what it is worth, aside from the lines on the lcd, i love my 1.86/ssd.

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
For some reason, the lines are visible on every revA that I have seen on display lately. However, I never had them on any of the faulty revA MBAs that I had before. This made me think that it is either that Apple went with cheaper screens on their lately manufactured Airs or that the lines are due to some assembly mistake!!!

BTW, the lines do not appear on external displays.

That70sGAdawg

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2008
Athens, GA USA
Do NOT get an Air until the lines issue is fixed so you do no have to argue with idiot Apple employees who claim that these lines are within specs!

Wait for What??? Here we go again. I don't work for Apple, and disagree with them many times, and have exchanged a few units- However. These lines on screen people are obsessive (likely can't exchange theirs) - Get the Air, if the screen is bad exchange it- I and many others have a GREAT screen , and we don't need glasses to tell that !

fteoath64

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2008
Agree. Unless you really really wanted the Rev B Air and that Nvidia BS, I suggest looking into those $999 re-furb Rev A ones. My Rev A works great, it gets more usage than my fabulous Unibody MBP!.

(The Air is like a Mini Cooper S and the MBP a Porsche Carrera. They both work well just different).;)

PS: I will get Rev B when its storage reach 160GB or more. I got a 120GB USB disk glued under its cooling base, so I go 200gb total with full portability.

justit

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2007
These lines on screen people are obsessive (likely can't exchange theirs)

Not everyone shares your luck. I've easily returned 4 SSDs and decided to get the $999 special.

I'd agree, many can't see the lines if given a bad unit, but everyone can see the difference with a good and bad put side by side.

ichigo11

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2006
Wait for What??? Here we go again. I don't work for Apple, and disagree with them many times, and have exchanged a few units- However. These lines on screen people are obsessive (likely can't exchange theirs) - Get the Air, if the screen is bad exchange it- I and many others have a GREAT screen , and we don't need glasses to tell that !

Many people has exchanged several times and got the same screen with lines. Other people has pass the 14 days return policy and choose to live with the "lines" for now and see what Apple's response is to the issue.

If you have a "GREAT" screen, congratulations. I seen couple perfect screen 1.6ghz at different Apple stores, but none in 1.86ghz SSD. I wish I can have one of the perfect screens.

However, I don't think it's fair for you to post in several threads calling us obsessive, when we are just expressing our opinions and wanting to know the latest info from other macrumors members on the issue.

That70sGAdawg

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2008
Athens, GA USA
I'm just tired of reading in almost every Air thread that may not have anything to do with faulty screens , the same posters making it a 10 page rant. The newest models (1.6) don't seem to have as many problems. I feel for the SSD buyers - I almost bought one! But IF I wasn't happy I'd return it, and use my old mac, or something until I could find a suitable unit. To tell people NOW not to buy, and all are bad is wrong. Your mileage may vary...

Hey Jude

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2008
Florida
I'm just tired of reading in almost every Air thread that may not have anything to do with faulty screens , the same posters making it a 10 page rant. The newest models (1.6) don't seem to have as many problems. I feel for the SSD buyers - I almost bought one! But IF I wasn't happy I'd return it, and use my old mac, or something until I could find a suitable unit. To tell people NOW not to buy, and all are bad is wrong. Your mileage may vary...

The solution is very simple, then: ignore those posts. I was equally annoyed reading the posts from those people with allegedly perfect screens populating the threads started to discuss faulty screens, and you know what I did? I ignored those posts, and moved on.

I do believe that there is a problem with the screens, so I voted with my pocketbook, and bought a Rev A because I just didn't want to deal with the possibility of getting a crappy screen. Now, as a bonus, I get to ignore all threads related to screen issues.

If I happen to be so unlucky as to get a Rev A with a bad screen, I will simply return it and post my finding here. I hope that if I do, you will choose to ignore that post as well:)

Jude

tubbymac

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2008
But IF I wasn't happy I'd return it, and use my old mac, or something until I could find a suitable unit.

Maybe your time isn't worth much. For some of us time is money. I'm not gonna waste my time constantly driving back and forth to the store returning and exchanging and hoping to get lucky. I'd rather wait it out until Apple fixes the problem with a refresh or whatever.

Also if you read the official Apple store policy (for North America) they state clear as day they are entitled to a 10% restocking fee if you return it opened. They don't have to give you back all your money. They are legally entitled to tell you to screw off since it's in the contract that you sign when you purchase it. You can get lucky and get a nice store owner who will waive the fee but there is no guarantee there.

justit

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2007
Also if you read the official Apple store policy (for North America) they state clear as day they are entitled to a 10% restocking fee

As a mac owner of 20 years, they've always given 100% refund. Are they in their right to not do so, ofcourse, but then they'd eventually lose lifetime customers like myself.

hscottm

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2005
the response i got was basically "they all seem to have them, if we swap out the display we cant guarantee that the new one wont have them either." it's a design flaw; email steve and dont take it out on the "genius."

it was really interesting to read this, as it was almost the exact wording we heard from the genius at the local apple store when we took it there ("if we swap we cant guarantee the new one wont have them either").

interesting because I am guessing there has been some internal memo sent directing this type of reply.

one note though is that the genius did NOT refer to it as a design flaw. He said it was part of the design.

regardless, we returned it. we'll see if things start to change because we really loved the machine but hearing that comment from the genius actually made the decision for us (i.e., didnt sound like we could ever expect it to be fixed).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.