Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NyMetsFan08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Hey everyone!!! it been awhile since I created a thread. Well MacWorld 2009 is almost here and there is a lot of big things in store. There will be all new iMacs- 20", 24", and even a 28". I do think the 20" and the 24" will ship immediately but the 28" will ship in February. The Mac Mini will also be updated with a possibly new design using the nvidia graphics. This is what I think will happen at MacWorld 2009 also Snow Leopard will be talked about. Let me know what you think, leave it here talk to you all soon, bye.

NorrisKillsKids

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
I'm semi-new to the forums but can you or someone else fill me in on who exactly you are. You seem to be saying this all as a statement so you're someone credible it seems? Or are you just stating your opinion in a very oddly worded way because it does say this is what you think, lol.

As per the thread...man I couldn't be any more hyped. I'm a life time PC guy aching to make the big switch and have been waiting for imacs to go to the nvidia chipset. My only questions now are what type of video cards will be in them exactly, will 2gb ram be standard even in the cheapest model, with 3 in the second? Although doubtful for the second one, I just wonder how they'll differ from model to model spec wise.

NyMetsFan08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
I'm semi-new to the forums but can you or someone else fill me in on who exactly you are. You seem to be saying this all as a statement so you're someone credible it seems?

As per the thread...man I couldn't be any more hyped. I'm a life time PC guy aching to make the big switch and have been waiting for imacs to go to the nvidia chipset. My only questions now are what type of video cards will be in them exactly, will 2gb ram be standard even in the cheapest model, with 3 in the second? Although doubtful for the second one, I just wonder how they'll differ from model to model spec wise.
There will be nvidia 9400m (lower) and 9600 (higher) graphics in them. The 28" will have a corei7 processor and not sure which kind of graphics yet to be used. I am pretty confident 2GB of ram standard with maybe 3GB or 4GB of ram standard in the higher end models.

darklighter

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2008
Hey everyone!!! it been awhile since I created a thread. Well MacWorld 2009 is almost here and there is a lot of big things in store. There will be all new iMacs- 20", 24", and even a 28". I do think the 20" and the 24" will ship immediately but the 28" will ship in February. The Mac Mini will also be updated with a possibly new design using the nvidia graphics. This is what I think will happen at MacWorld 2009 also Snow Leopard will be talked about. Let me know what you think, leave it here talk to you all soon, bye.

Are you Ryan Shrout, or some troll?

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=654

NyMetsFan08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
28 is huge, like theater big lol, i saw the 24 for the first time today and i cant imagine ever needing it for a computer.
I know 28" is enormous in size it will be very expensive. It will use the new Corei7 which will be nice. But I do not think it will be worth the money in getting since in the future the lower end iMacs will most likely use the corei7's some day.

bntz313

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2007
how much do you think the price of a 28'' iMac would be if the 24'' is 2199? Any higher one might just go with a MP.

I'm gonna be getting an iMac when they come out and have been thinking about a MP. I would get an 28'' imac if the price is not to high.

NyMetsFan08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
So you are taking what Ryan Shrout said and then pretending you are some kind of insider. Ok.
No not at all please do not think that. I am not that kind of person and I did not even know Ryan Shrout even wrote that. I am sorry to Ryan Shrout and darklighter. I just seen it on another site and wanted to post it on here. Very sorry to both.

darklighter

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2008
Well, it just came off that way.

Anyways, yes a 28-inch iMac would be very cool.

But if indeed they are making a 28-inch imac, that begs the question as to whether they are reducing the 30-inch cinema display to a 28-inch Led display.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
28'' seems big....like, huge....i don't know tons of people who would need that(although I'm sure there is a market)

But if it pushes the 20'' model in price, go for it!

NyMetsFan08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
28'' seems big....like, huge....i don't know tons of people who would need that(although I'm sure there is a market)

But if it pushes the 20'' model in price, go for it!
Yea me neither 28" is too big and bigger than my TV!!! haha and will not be needed for me 20" or 24" is fine for me. The Core i7 processor seems nice though too bad they do not put that in all the models. Hopefully in the near future every model will see the corei7's processor. Anyway I am glad there will be better graphics.

NyMetsFan08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Well, it just came off that way.

Anyways, yes a 28-inch iMac would be very cool.

But if indeed they are making a 28-inch imac, that begs the question as to whether they are reducing the 30-inch cinema display to a 28-inch Led display.
It's cool darklighter and very sorry again. Yeah I am wondering that too? about whether they are reducing the 30". I really wanted to see the corei7's processor in all of the models.

NyMetsFan08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
I am leaving right now and will not be online until later. Any questions or comments please leave it here. Thank to all MacWorld 2009 is almost here!!!

onlinemoniker

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2007
Okay, ignoring your posting madness... and only coming to here after reading this all on appleinsider... :p

Was hoping for a better BTO option for the 24" iMac.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本

Funny.. the speculation following this link, all sounds very familiar. Infact, i'll take a guess it's based on facts from patterns of Apple's new releases from the yesteryears. I won't be suprised if Apple holds out for the forthcoming release of the multi-cpu version of the Core i7. Current version won't physically work on mobo's with more than one processor - hence there's no dual i7 boards, yet!

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I highly doubt the 28" is true...this is not an Apple site or a known rumor source so I suspect they are just drumming up cheap page views.

But I'd dig a 28". Heck, I'll take the 24" with all of the power options in there.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
28" iMac would more expensive than Mac Pro so it's not coming yet. 24" with quad-core will be the high end

kingtorm

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2008
So-Cal
if there is one thing we should all know about apple is the fact that they can sell anything and loyal fans will but it, if the made a 28 inch imac it would make sense, something for people who need a powerful making but with not a whole lot of money for extra displays. an alliterative to buying a mac pro. they might not do it, but it is a good idea, maybe $2800 or so.

if apple makes it people will buy.

pfranck

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2008
Maybe I'am a bit to sceptical,
but I find the 28" imac rumour suspicious,
I've never heard of a 28" panel...
Do they even exist?

synagence

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
I think they would get more sales with a top-end 24" than a 28"

If they had a corei7 imac in 24" i would definitely go for that ... but 28" is a large piece of desk real-estate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.