Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phonemonkey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2004
Virginia
I am getting frustrated with this icon for VPN that appears next to my telephone icon in my menu bar. A buddy of mine played with internet connect, and it appeared. We deleted the vpn configurations (which never got completed) went to preferences and made sure vpn was out of there too and now I can't figure it out. Also when this happened Network appeared as an option for the startup disk. Unless I overlooked it, I never noticed this as a startup folder before. In any event my computer is now trying to initalize and connect to a network during boot sequence and it is taking 2x as long to load. Can someone help please, I am on 10.3 btw.

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
2 things that might work:

- first, delete the VPN-connection from your network port configurations in the 'system preferences" (delete, not just deactivate) - it's not enough to delete it from the "internet connect"-panel.

- second, simply choose the HD as your startup disk (it might not be selected yet.)

vSpacken

phonemonkey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2004
Virginia
As I mentioned in the post I already have deleted vpn from everywhere and I did get it out of the port configurations the only thing I have left is the icon and I am going to try that apple key thing as soon as I get home. As for the startup folder OS X is selected but it still tries to initialize a network for nearly 20 seconds. I think that is the most frustrating. thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.