PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Eisner gets the boot

MacBytes
Mar 4, 2004, 09:20 AM
Link: Disney's Eisner gets the boot (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040304102017)

Posted on MacBytes.com

wordmunger
Mar 4, 2004, 09:24 AM
Link: Disney's Eisner gets the boot (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040304102017)

Posted on MacBytes.com
More like the half-boot, according to the article. He's still CEO, just not Chairman. What's the point? Either get rid of him or soldier on.

dukemeiser
Mar 4, 2004, 09:46 AM
yeah, that was a misleading title. Why doesn't the old fart just resign?

machan
Mar 4, 2004, 09:47 AM
yeah, that was a misleading title. Why doesn't the old fart just resign?

why?

greed and stupidity.

Mudbug
Mar 4, 2004, 09:51 AM
why?

greed and stupidity.

that, and if you had the chance to stick around with one of the most well-known names (Disney), even with a "demotion", if you call it that, wouldn't you stay?

bousozoku
Mar 4, 2004, 10:25 AM
Losing as Chairman means very little, but at least, he's not quite in control of himself now. (As if the current board will get rid of him!)

The trouble is that he remains in control of the company itself. The board could tell him to change how things are done, but I don't think anything is going to change because none of them understand the business. It's going to take another 5 years of poor stock prices before they do anything about Eisner and that probably won't be much.

In the meantime, they'll get rid of rank-of-file employees and/or their benefits to compensate for the new person on the board of directors.

1macker1
Mar 4, 2004, 11:20 AM
Why are you all so into this guy. Maybe you should resign from your job. Let the man be. In this day and age, many companies are going through hard times. When you have been around as long as Disney, it's hard to keep up with the current trends. I wish him all the luck in the world.

montex
Mar 4, 2004, 11:25 AM
Michael Eisner just found out that you don't mess with "The Steve" and get away with it. Look whose 'beleagured' now!

mrsebastian
Mar 4, 2004, 11:25 AM
an interesting side note from an article in yesterdays usa today, it mentioned that steve's pixar amounted to half of disneys revenue the previous year! holy [bleep]! if i was a shareholder, i'd be freakin' outraged at the way he's running the company. disney's no small company, so that makes pixar a monster with that kind of revenue. ei$ner sucks (to put it mildy) and needs to be completely canned, none of this job title changing crap.

Photorun
Mar 4, 2004, 11:30 AM
Hah haahhhh

winmacguy
Mar 4, 2004, 11:47 AM
Losing as Chairman means very little, but at least, he's not quite in control of himself now. (As if the current board will get rid of him!)

The trouble is that he remains in control of the company itself. The board could tell him to change how things are done, but I don't think anything is going to change because none of them understand the business. It's going to take another 5 years of poor stock prices before they do anything about Eisner and that probably won't be much.

In the meantime, they'll get rid of rank-of-file employees and/or their benefits to compensate for the new person on the board of directors.

I think Eisner thinks that the sun shines out of his ass.

bousozoku
Mar 4, 2004, 12:56 PM
I think Eisner thinks that the sun shines out of his ass.

Well, Disney doesn't need any more stinkin' sunshine. :D

mrsebastian
Mar 4, 2004, 12:57 PM
ain't no sunshine when steve's gone and pixars gone away.

MrMacMan
Mar 4, 2004, 05:20 PM
Why are you all so into this guy. Maybe you should resign from your job. Let the man be. In this day and age, many companies are going through hard times. When you have been around as long as Disney, it's hard to keep up with the current trends. I wish him all the luck in the world.

Um he has made (or his company) has made horrible business decisions, movies thaty taked and an animation studio on the brink of imploding.

Thats not a resounding sucess in my book.

Look, Eisner has publicly critised Jobs and Apple, something that would hurt you when your trying to renew an Jobs and Pixar Deal... :rolleyes:

bousozoku
Mar 4, 2004, 07:34 PM

Obviously, you don't know how many times he has robbed other people of their dignity. You don't know how many people were forced to leave or be humiliated since he started there. I watched my dad and friends and their bosses suffer more and more under his regime.

The only people who want to work there now are the plastic people--the executives.