PDA

View Full Version : SCO Group Now Suing Corporate Customers

Sun Baked
Mar 4, 2004, 11:58 AM
SCO Group Broadens Linux Lawsuits (http://news.findlaw.com/business/s/20040304/techscoearnsdc.html)

By Eric Auchard

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Software company SCO Group Inc. <SCOX.O> on Wednesday expanded its legal battle against Linux by suing AutoZone Inc., making good on a threat to target corporate customers in its far-reaching copyright battle.

SCO Group of Lindon, Utah, said that it plans to sue DaimlerChrysler AG, which also uses the software, and reported a wider quarterly loss as revenues fell and legal costs increased. Its shares dropped 13 percent to a six-month low...

...SCO Chief Executive Darl McBride said his company plans to sue companies outside the United States but would not identify potential targets...

... The lawsuit against AutoZone <AZO.N> , filed in U.S. District Court in Nevada, seeks to halt the auto parts retailer's use of any part of its copyrighted materials. It is seeking unspecified damages.

Later, in a conference call with investors, SCO Group officials said they planned to file a similar lawsuit against DaimlerChrysler <DCXGn.DE> <DCX.N>, the world's No. 5 automaker, in Michigan's Oakland County Court on Wednesday.

A spokesman for DaimlerChrysler declined to comment, saying it would not do so until it had been served with a legal complaint. An AutoZone spokesman declined to comment...

MrMacMan
Mar 4, 2004, 07:53 PM
Yeah I hear they are going after Computer Associates too...

What a bunch of crap... really, they have nooooooo case.

lind0834
Mar 4, 2004, 08:59 PM
The more SCO does, the less and less people believe they have any legal rights to the Linux Code. Lots of info over at /. for those interested in the FUD.

jennyjennydz
Mar 4, 2004, 10:30 PM
Only in America can a company and exist and profit solely based on its ability to threaten to sue other companies. God bless America.

jennyjennydz
Mar 4, 2004, 10:33 PM
Only in America can a company and exist and profit solely based on its ability to threaten to sue other companies. God bless America.

I'm sorry. I should have said only in Utah.

Home of the MLM. Home of the penny stock scam. Home of unrestricted capitalism. Home of the Mormon Church.

God bless Utah.