Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Ha. Thats funny. Dell is the least innovative computer company out there. A place I used to work for pitched a bunch of ideas to the R&D people over at Dell and they pretty much turned them down because they said, "We capitalize on current trends and leave the innovating to Sony and Apple."

Thats really what they said. Pretty lame.

Dippo

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
agreenster said:
Ha. Thats funny. Dell is the least innovative computer company out there. A place I used to work for pitched a bunch of ideas to the R&D people over at Dell and they pretty much turned them down because they said, "We capitalize on current trends and leave the innovating to Sony and Apple."

I would guess the same could be said for Microsoft. :)

I was pretty surprised to hear this too. I wonder why he is doing this?

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
This is one hell of a shocker. Man, what a way to get the day started. I can't imagine what this means for the future.

Dan

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
agreenster said:

If you mean innovative in terms of computer technology I would agree. But on the business and production side of things (logistics, inventory management, etc.,) I think Dell has been very innovative.

Lethal

stoid

macrumors 601
WOW! I'll bet As The Apple Turns is going to have a heyday with this! As an avid reader I see that they often trash Dell's cheap and lame rip offs of Apple's products. Something about Michael Dell copying everything Steve Jobs does. Maybe Mike got tired of being the copycat all the time and decided he'd be first at something. :D

tomf87

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2003
Michael Dell will continue to be chairman of the board, so he's still going to have a ton of influence on the company. The CEO is only half the power in a company.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.