PDA

View Full Version : Let Them Know What You Think About DRM

thomamon
Jan 7, 2009, 08:32 PM
Hey,

I just received a response back from someone at iTunes support with a link. She told me to use it and let them know what we think of having to upgrade our entire library and not being able to do it on a per song or per album basis. She said if enough people complain, you never know what can happen. Its worth a shot.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Michael CM1
Jan 7, 2009, 08:39 PM
Hey,

I just received a response back from someone at iTunes support with a link. She told me to use it and let them know what we think of having to upgrade our entire library and not being able to do it on a per song or per album basis. She said if enough people complain, you never know what can happen. Its worth a shot.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

"I'm not paying the price of an iPhone 3G to uprade my iTunes library. Youse guys have to cut the price severely for me to consider it. Try about 5 cents/song and maybe then we'll talk."

thomamon
Jan 7, 2009, 08:44 PM
"I'm not paying the price of an iPhone 3G to uprade my iTunes library. Youse guys have to cut the price severely for me to consider it. Try about 5 cents/song and maybe then we'll talk."

Put it in the form

pbkiller
Jan 7, 2009, 10:22 PM

5 cents a song.... C'mon! We also need to be realistic! How about 0.50-0.75 a song? I think that's more do-able...:rolleyes:

r.j.s
Jan 7, 2009, 10:24 PM
5 cents a song.... C'mon! We also need to be realistic! How about 0.50-0.75 a song? I think that's more do-able...:rolleyes:

Not to purchase a song, but to upgrade the ones you already purchased (with DRM) to DRM-free.

Michael CM1
Jan 7, 2009, 10:34 PM
Not to purchase a song, but to upgrade the ones you already purchased (with DRM) to DRM-free.

What he/she said. I get they need money to pay for all the server usage that such upgrades would entail, but I'm NOT paying 30 cents/track to do such a thing. I'm especially not doing it all at once for $197.37, literally the price of an iPhone 3G. I'm sure there are a lot of iTunes veterans in the same boat. Cut the price to 5 cents/song and let us do it on a song-by-song or album-by-album basis and Apple would bring in a TON more money than how it's being done now. According to my math on my albums and songs, that would cost me about $31 to do it all. That's a lot more reasonable.