Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rasmasyean

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I actually fast forwarded past Balmer's talk. LOL ...and er...that intro dude.

Yeah, those are pretty cool.

I like the XBox apps myself best! :p

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I skipped to the near end of the Balmer note. I got to see a good portion of the Windows 7 demo before I hit bed. SilverLight is a much nicer streamer then Flash has been on my connection.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
SilverLight is a much nicer streamer then Flash has been on my connection.

Seconded. I've been really impressed by what I've seen so far. The quality of the HD stream of Obama's acceptance speech in Denver back in August was superb. I don't care too much that it comes from Microsoft, Adobe aren't much better in my book for some of their practices.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Seconded. I've been really impressed by what I've seen so far. The quality of the HD stream of Obama's acceptance speech in Denver back in August was superb. I don't care too much that it comes from Microsoft, Adobe aren't much better in my book for some of their practices.
Yeah I just want something that uses the most out of my limited bandwidth at home. I can barely watch a YouTube video in real time but anything with Silverlight comes in smooth with enough left over to browse and it never drops the video! :eek:

rasmasyean

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Did you guys see the Kodu Demo?

I thought it's pretty cool how they have this graphical programming system for kids to make their own games. It reminds me think of all those Warcraft III custom maps that cropped up. :)

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Did you guys see the Kodu Demo?

I thought it's pretty cool how they have this graphical programming system for kids to make their own games. It reminds me think of all those Warcraft III custom maps that cropped up. :)
I had heard of it but I liked seeing the demo more then that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.