Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iDmitry

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
San Diego, CA
Yes, it happened to me. I have read reports of sudden shutdown syndrome in macbooks and now it happened to me. I don't understand why this happens. It only works when its connected to power, otherwise it shuts down in about 5 minutes. Now my battery shows 0% even though it has been connected to power for about 15 minutes. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
P.S. I'm guessing it has to do with the battery? :(

PeaceOut

macrumors member
May 17, 2008
I got this too just now.

Mines a macbook pro though. It was running fine for the past 2-3 weeks of sleep/wake routine. I've had bad sleep and never wake up issues.

The power is almost always plugged in. Up to date on the all the updates.

All of a sudden today, while it's been plugged in for the last 8 hours, goes black. I press the power button and it comes back on and then when i look at the batter meter, it says 0%. It's charging right now and I can't seem to get anything out of the logs.

I was actually browsing yahoo mail and the script was running really slow when I was scrolling down but I figured that was a network and heavily coded page issue.

What the heck?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.