PDA

View Full Version : Is there an Online Course available?

joelmejiaganan
Jan 8, 2009, 07:24 AM
I want to learn Obj-C and to make iPhone Apps, but here in my country I can't find people who can teach me about this. I have read online that the best way to learn from scratch is to take courses about programming and then to use tutorials, books and other documentation.

What I want to know is... can I find a good online course about iPhone / Obj-C programming? Can an online course be good enough like a normal course with a teacher?

Thanks in advance. Excuse my english. :apple:

liptonlover
Jan 8, 2009, 09:11 AM
I always recommend the becomeanxcoder tutorial over at cocoalab.com. It's free, assumes you don't know how to program, and is really great. Unfortunately it isn't as long as I would like, I would love to have more of it because it's so great. A few notes though...
1. It'll teach you basics of desktop mac programming. Since you posted in iphone programming I assume that's what you're interested in. I advise starting with desktop anyways though, as there are a lot more docs both free and paid to go through than for the iphone so far. Also mac desktop and iphone programming are nearly identical anyways. It's an easy transition.
2. The tutorial is a little old, so just be on your toes about slight differences in xcode now as oppose to then.
3. The biggest difference is the fact that .nib files are now called .xib. So just remember that when the tutorial tells you to open the .nib file.

Good luck! Nate