PDA

View Full Version : UT2004 has gone gold, to be released on 15 March.

MacBytes
Mar 5, 2004, 12:18 AM
Link: UT2004 has gone gold, to be released on 15 March. (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040305011827)

Posted on MacBytes.com

Nermal
Mar 5, 2004, 12:56 AM
MacSoft's site still says "available soon", but presumably 15/3 is the target date for the Mac too.

Fiveos22
Mar 5, 2004, 01:46 AM
Will they have the special edition DVD for mac as well?

Nermal
Mar 5, 2004, 02:00 AM
I have heard Yes, but rumours are rumours. Block of salt required :)

nagromme
Mar 5, 2004, 04:36 AM
Expect http://www.insidemacgames.com/ to update with Mac news as soon as available.

I doubt there will be two Mac versions, but I'd hoped the Mac version would be DVD. Maybe so, although Amazon lists the game as CD. (And they have 20% off at the moment!)

Then again, although a DVD would be easier to install, a CD is more resistant to scratches--important, if you need the disc to unlock the game.

Stike
Mar 5, 2004, 05:48 AM
Then again, although a DVD would be easier to install, a CD is more resistant to scratches--important, if you need the disc to unlock the game.
Shortly after 2003 was out, a patch appeared which removed the CD-insert hassle. I expect that game not to need the disk in the drive.

btw.... FRAGGIN GREAT NEWS! :D

Photorun
Mar 5, 2004, 08:07 AM
In a word... WOOHOOO!!!

MacBandit
Mar 5, 2004, 12:21 PM
There are reasons to believe that the 2DVD SE set will include the Mac version on it as well. Also the SE version comes with a Logitech headset. All that for $40.

Gamestop (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=645577) lists Mac and PC for the DVD set. Also a friend of mine has ordered this from them for his Mac and has called them and they swear it includes the Mac version. I have canceled my order for the CD version until he receives this and lets me know one way or the other.

Currently Amazon is only specing the CD version as for the Mac.

jasonbw
Mar 5, 2004, 02:25 PM
There are reasons to believe that the 2DVD SE set will include the Mac version on it as well. Also the SE version comes with a Logitech headset. All that for $40.

Gamestop (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=645577) lists Mac and PC for the DVD set. Also a friend of mine has ordered this from them for his Mac and has called them and they swear it includes the Mac version. I have canceled my order for the CD version until he receives this and lets me know one way or the other.

Currently Amazon is only specing the CD version as for the Mac.

I noticed that as well. i guess we will know in ten days.

its also claimed that there is a limited run of the SE DVD's, so if you want one you might want to preorder.

MacBandit
Mar 5, 2004, 03:27 PM
I noticed that as well. i guess we will know in ten days.

its also claimed that there is a limited run of the SE DVD's, so if you want one you might want to preorder.

I would rather miss the DVD then take the chance of having to return it to an online company. It's such a pain.

MrMacMan
Mar 5, 2004, 11:41 PM
Companies like aspyr are moving to shipping DVD games... just for easy install, but I would be quite pissed off that the company that makes a game on a DVD when my computer doesn't have one....

Xero
Mar 6, 2004, 12:25 AM
Hmm i might have to actually make a game purchase, my last one being... lets see... tribes 2? :D

this game seems pretty promising, form what ive played on the demo, etc.. plus itll be nice to have the mac version incase i purchase a faster mac in the near future (my 1ghz TiPB doest quite keep up with the PC for games).

id say for $40 the SE is definitely worth it. thats a pretty good price for a brand new top of the line game, and a headset.

EDIT: Anyways, i need something to tide me over until HalfLife-2! :mad: :rolleyes:

MacBandit
Mar 6, 2004, 03:28 AM
Hmm i might have to actually make a game purchase, my last one being... lets see... tribes 2? :D

this game seems pretty promising, form what ive played on the demo, etc.. plus itll be nice to have the mac version incase i purchase a faster mac in the near future (my 1ghz TiPB doest quite keep up with the PC for games).

id say for $40 the SE is definitely worth it. thats a pretty good price for a brand new top of the line game, and a headset.

EDIT: Anyways, i need something to tide me over until HalfLife-2! :mad: :rolleyes:

Hmm playing UT2004 and all of a sudden, Half Life what?

Xero
Mar 6, 2004, 02:30 PM
Hmm playing UT2004 and all of a sudden, Half Life what?

Yup, thats right, UT2004 will only be a filler to hold me over until HL2.

EDIT: to lesson the confusion, i use my PC for playing video games... hence the HL2 thing... thats about all my PC gets used for these days. :)

MacBandit
Mar 6, 2004, 04:07 PM
Yup, thats right, UT2004 will only be a filler to hold me over until HL2.

EDIT: to lesson the confusion, i use my PC for playing video games... hence the HL2 thing... thats about all my PC gets used for these days. :)

I was passing on a comment and agreeing with one that most a lot of people are saying they could care less about Half Life 2 since they started playing UT2004. It really is too bad that they had their source code stolen though. I hope those that did that get what's coming to them.