Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LTX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
Vancouver, BC, Canada
There is a minor cosmetic issue with my early 2008 white Macbook. The trackpad is not flat, and sticks up a tiny bit above the rest of the case on the front left corner. In the front middle, it is at what appears to be the normal height, and on the front right, it is a little higher than that. The rear middle (closest to button) flexes and makes a click sound when pressed in. All areas of the trackpad appear to function.

It's obviously not a huge deal, but I would like to get it fixed, because it is a defect. In searching the forum I found , and people suggested to wait for the case to crack, so Apple will replace it immediately. Anyone recommend that, or should I just take it in now?

I also recently ordered a Zagg InvisibleShield for the MB, so I wasn't sure if I should put it on yet (since when either the case cracks or I take it in anyway they will have to replace the entire top case, as the trackpad is built-in).

Anyone with a crack care to share how long it took before it cracked? And how many days should I expect to not have the MB while they repair it? I'm in school so I need it as much as possible.

Purchased in late July 2008, 3-year AppleCare.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.