Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
Saint Paul, MN
Just noticed that the address icon on the main news page is missing and the generic blue ball is in it's place on my computer. Is it just me? The apple face address icon appears just fine on the forums pages.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
The front page favicon is working for me (in Opera, Firefox and Safari). Both favicons should appear below:

favicon.ico
- front page
favicon.ico
- forums

If you can't see the front page favicon it might be worth checking you can access the link https://www.macrumors.com/favicon.ico.

As always restarting the browser, resetting the browser, trying a different browser are worth trying.

mrial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
Saint Paul, MN
... resetting the browser...

Thanks, resetting Safari using the reset menu under "Safari" menu worked. It was nice that it gave you the option of resetting the "website icon" only by use of a check box. It's funny how these minor little things can be so annoying.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
The front page favicon is working for me (in Opera, Firefox and Safari). Both favicons should appear below:

favicon.ico
- front page
favicon.ico
- forums

If you can't see the front page favicon it might be worth checking you can access the link https://www.macrumors.com/favicon.ico.

As always restarting the browser, resetting the browser, trying a different browser are worth trying.
Maybe you aren't the person who would know the answer, but is their any particular reason as to why there is a different one for the forums and front page? The front page one seems much more crisp of an image.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Thanks, resetting Safari using the reset menu under "Safari" menu worked. It was nice that it gave you the option of resetting the "website icon" only by use of a check box. It's funny how these minor little things can be so annoying.

Glad you got it sorted.

Maybe you aren't the person who would know the answer, but is their any particular reason as to why there is a different one for the forums and front page? The front page one seems much more crisp of an image.

The front page favicon is indeed better. I believe it is on the To Do list but will just go and make a note about it.

We originally had the forums one as the favicon for everywhere. Then a new one was made and submitted to us by two different forum members as they noticed that the quaility wasn't that great. I guess when it was updated it wasn't do so on both sites (front page and forums).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.