Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikalh78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
i got the new macbook 2.4 version and i just noticed that beside the iSight there is a speck of dust in the bezel, could I go to the Apple store or send my macbook in for an exchange? I noticed as well that the black hinge is like scratched from the aluminum rubbing against it when i close my macbook.

mikalh78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
there are a few other things wrong with the mac that i did not include such as the disc drive won't allow you to slide in the disc on the first try and i get random beeping noises. for $2 Gs wouldn't u want a perfect laptop?

kastenbrust

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2008
North Korea
there are a few other things wrong with the mac that i did not include such as the disc drive won't allow you to slide in the disc on the first try and i get random beeping noises. for $2 Gs wouldn't u want a perfect laptop?

absolutely, thats more like it, if its less than 14days old go and get an immediate replacement, the random beeps could mean something wrong with the Logic Board too if theyre coming from inside, or the Bios.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008

If you feel like there's multiple issues with it, take it back and they will exchange it for you, or if you're past the 15 day period, they will try to fix those issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.